The Star Wars variant is a GameStop exclusive.
The Apollo fires High-Impact Round through the use of magazines, which are loaded through the blaster's handle. It features one almost picatinny like tactical rail on top, where the user can add optional accessories. They will not slide on but instead have to be clamped over the blaster. The blaster also has a safety feature, which keeps the blaster from being fired when not in use.
While unlikely, should the blaster somehow jam, there is a small orange nub on the left side near the back. When primed, pushing it down will deactivate the lock keeping the bolt closed, allowing the user to open the chamber and clear the jam by allowing the ball to free-fall out of the grip. This can be used to fire more than one round at a time.
The Apollo is compatible with the twelve round magazine.
The Apollo was officially announced at the 2015 New York City Toy Fair, along with other blasters of the RIVAL series.
It was later re-released under the Phantom Corps sub-series in 2017. The re-release has a white color scheme, and comes included with two RIVAL team banners, and also comes with a twelve round magazine rather than a seven round magazine.
The Apollo has been released in the following color schemes:
- Team Red (red, black and orange)
- Team Blue (blue, black, and orange)
- Phantom Corps (white, black, and orange)
- Star Wars: Battlefront (green, white, red, yellow, and black)
The Apollo XV-700 came in a value pack that included the blaster itself, a seven round magazine, seven High-Impact Rounds, and a Face Mask.
Reloading and firing
To reload the Apollo, load up to seven High-Impact Rounds into the included magazine. Load the magazine into the blaster's handle until it snaps into place. To prime the blaster, pull back the priming lever located on top of the blaster.
Pull the trigger to fire a foam round.
- The Apollo XV-700 is able to burst fire if the blaster is primed more than once. To accomplish this, the user must first prime the blaster normally and then press down on the de-jamming button to unlock the priming handle and prime again to chamber another round. It is not recommended to chamber more than three rounds otherwise the blaster may jam.
- The Apollo XV-700 is named after Apollo, the Olympian god of prophecy and oracles, music, song and poetry, archery, healing, plague and disease, and the protection of the young. Apollo is also the twin brother of Artemis, after whom the Artemis XVII-3000 is named.
|The full image gallery for Apollo XV-700 may be viewed at Apollo XV-700/Gallery.|
- ↑ Paul Mindemann (2015-02-14). 2015 Nerf RIVAL Details and New Photos Released | Blaster Labs. BlasterLabs.com.
- ↑ DadDoes (2015-02-17) Nerf Rival ZEUS MXV-1200 Blaster and Apollo XV-700 Blaster First Look Toy Fair 2015 YouTube.com
|2015||Apollo XV-700 • Zeus MXV-1200|
|2016||Atlas XVI-1200 • Khaos MXVI-4000|
|2017||Artemis XVII-3000 • Nemesis MXVII-10K|