|This product has been discontinued.
It cannot be purchased in retail stores. The only way to obtain it is through second-hand websites and stores.
The Barricade RV-10 (known as the Auto Barricade RV-10 in Japan) is a semi-automatic electronic revolver Nerf blaster that was released in 2010 under the N-Strike series. It requires three "AA" batteries to operate.
It comes packaged with ten Whistler Darts.
The Barricade features a single tactical rail on top of the blaster. It is compatible with all shoulder stocks. The muzzle almost looks as though it could accept a barrel extension, but a coating there prevents one from being attached. It also features an iron sight built into the blaster, as well as a jam door on top of the blaster.
The flywheel system for the Barricade automatically begins when the blaster is turned on. Opening the jam door on the Barricade automatically turns off the flywheels, possibly to prevent users' fingers from getting jammed in the flywheels while clearing jammed darts. The trigger can get stuck in the pulled position when darts get jammed. This also causes the switch to be stuck. It is fixed by turning off the blaster and clearing the jam by opening the jam door and fiddling around with the trigger (if it doesn't pop out already) until it pops back out.
The Barricade can be conveniently dual-wielded. However, as with all blasters, dual-reloading can be a problem unless met with practice.
The Barricade has been released with the following color schemes:
- N-Strike (yellow, black, silver, and orange)
- Gear Up (orange, black, gray, and orange)
- Sonic Series (clear green and orange)
- Transformers Optimus Prime (blue, purple, black, gray, and orange)
- Transformers Bumblebee (yellow, black, and orange)
Some modders modify the blaster's chamber and have removed the revolving barrel to allow clips to be used, eliminating this issue and effectively creating a clip system blaster. Voltage modifications are very popular with this blaster as well.
There also exists a special value pack which includes an extra twenty darts with the Barricade.
Reloading and firing
To reload the Barricade, load up to ten darts into the cylinder.
Turn on the blaster and wait for the flywheels to come up to speed then pull the trigger to fire darts.
- The Barricade was first released in Australia.
- Battery life will be conserved if the blaster is turned off while reloading.
- The long muzzle is to prevent people from getting their finger stuck in the flywheels.
- There are four mistakes on the packaging in Canada. The iron sight is filled in and solid, the muzzle is longer and appears as a flat cylinder without the crease, the ready indicator filled in, and the stock attachment on the blaster is black.
- A bootleg of the Barricade RV-10 was released by Leyuan, a Chinese pirating company. It was renamed the Raging Fire and all Nerf-related imagery was removed from the packaging and blaster, however, "Barricade RV-10" is still molded onto the side of the blaster. It came packaged with a stock, a hollow scope, ten Micro Darts and ten Streamline Darts. The darts are poorly made and often the dart heads will detach from the foam body inside the packaging.
- Strangely, this blaster can fire Streamline Darts backwards. Darts fired this way will most likely fishtail out of control.
- Some users may have trouble putting the Retaliator shoulder stock on the blaster, as it may come loose and fall off during use. The same is true of the Demolisher shoulder stock.
- It is possible to open the access door without interfering with the firing mechanism, however the door can only be opened about a millimeter.
|The full image gallery for Barricade RV-10 may be viewed at Barricade RV-10/Gallery.|
|Nerf revolver-style blasters|
|AccuStrike Series||AlphaHawk • Quadrant|
|Doomlands 2169||Negotiator • Lawbringer • Vagabond|
|N-Strike||Firefly REV-8 • Maverick REV-6 • Spectre REV-5|
|N-Strike Elite||Disruptor • Spectre REV-5 • Strongarm (Elite XD)|
|Zombie Strike||Doominator • FlipFury • Hammershot|
|Electronic||Barricade RV-10 • Stockade (Elite XD)|
|Other||Captain Phasma Blaster • CycloneShock • Longarm • Spylight|