|This product has been discontinued.
It cannot be purchased in retail stores. The only way to obtain it is through second-hand websites and stores.
It comes packaged with three arrows.
It resembles a bow and fires arrows. The string on the Big Bad Bow does not need to be pulled and released like a conventional bow; there is a trigger that fires the arrow. It comes with an integrated scope that uses the string as the crosshairs. It also has a rack above the main part of the blaster that can hold extra arrows.
The Big Bad Bow has been released numerous times. In the mid-2000's, it was re-released under the Action Blasters series. This blaster was re-released in 2009 for Nerf's 40th anniversary. In 2011, it was re-released under the N-Strike series. In 2012, it was re-released as a promotional "Hawkeye" blaster to help advertise the Avengers film.
The Big Bad Bow has been released with the following color schemes:
- Hyper Sight and "Hawkeye" (purple, black, and orange)
- Action Blasters (red, black, and orange)
- N-Strike (yellow, black, gray, and orange)
The BBB is often modified to shoot darts. Most modifications require the replacement of the blaster's barrel; in turn, the user may need to give up the blaster's ability to fire arrows, although modification to and retention of the original barrel retains this ability.
The fake bow strings and limbs are also commonly removed to help minimize the blaster.
Reloading and firing
To reload the Big Bad Bow, load an arrow into the barrel of the blaster. Pull the back part forward until a click is heard; this resets the blaster so it can be primed.
Pull the trigger end of the blaster back to prime the blaster. Pull the trigger to launch an arrow.
- The Big Bad Bow was the only N-Strike blaster that is compatible with arrows until the release of the Blazin' Bow.
- It is the first N-Strike blaster not to use the N-Strike number codes.
- Despite the fact that it has been re-released several times, the name has never changed.
|The full image gallery for Big Bad Bow may be viewed at Big Bad Bow/Gallery.|
- ↑ Nerf Reviewed: Big Bad Bow (TM). NerfCenter.com.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 NC Review - Nerf® Big Bad Bow(TM). NerfCenter.com.
- ↑ Nerf Big Bad Bow | Nerf Toy | Dart Strike. dartstrike.com.
- ↑ Nerf World Order: Big Bad Bow. Tman89544.tripod.com
- ↑ Ultima Nerf: Reviews - Big Bad Bow. UltimaNerf.tripod.com
- Hyper Sight Big Bad Bow instructions on the Hasbro website
|Hyper Sight blasters|
|Big Bad Bow • Expand-a-Blast • Lock 'n Load • Mono Blast • Range Shot • Ratchet Blast|
|Action Blasters blasters|
|Air Tech 1000 • Air Tech 2000 • Air Tech 3000 • Atomizer • Big Bad Bow • Big Bad Titan • Reactor • Tech Target Eliminator|
|Marvel promotional products|
|Avengers||Big Bad Bow • Hawkeye Longshot Bow|
|Captain America||Disc Launching Shield • Stealthfire Shield|
|The Incredible Hulk||Hulk Abomination Blaster|
|Iron Man||Flip & Fire Gauntlet • Iron Strike Blaster • Iron Man 2 Waterblaster Iron Man 3 Motorized Arc FX Gauntlet • Stark Industries N.R.F. 425 Blaster (Firefly • Magstrike)|
|Spider-Man||Motorized Spider Force Web Blaster • Power Webs Spider Strike Crossbow • Spider-Man vs Venom blaster • Web Slinger|
|Thor||Armor of Asgard Thor Hammer • Thor Battle Hammer • Thor Lightning Strike Hammer|
|Guardians of the Galaxy||Rocket Power Blaster • Star-Lord Battle Gear • Star-Lord Quad Blaster|