|Blaster type||Single-fire dart blaster (reverse plunger)|
|Stock ammunition type||Mega Darts|
|Stock capacity||6 (clip)|
|Size||40.7" (1.03 m) long|
|Average retail price||49.99 USD/GBP|
The Centurion has two tactical rails: one at the stock end of the blaster and one under the muzzle, where the "tech-smart" bipod is advertised to be attached. It features an integrated shoulder stock similar to that of the Stampede ECS. It has five sling points: two at the end of the blaster, and three on the front barrel. Its priming indicator is located halfway down its tactical rail.
The priming bolt slot in the side of the blaster is almost half the length of the blaster itself, suggesting that this blaster has long priming travel. It features a two-foot plunger tube.
It is advertised to shoot one hundred feet flat. There is a disclaimer on some of the promotional artwork for the Centurion stating: "Not all Mega Centurion blasters in all markets fire up to 100 feet". This issue may be similar to how N-Strike Elite blasters were "de-tuned" for release in other countries due to foreign safety laws.
After its release, there were reports by some people of the Centurion's bolt getting stuck halfway through priming after a short use period. Hasbro has not yet made any response to these complaints.
Reloading and firing
To reload the Centurion, make sure the bolt is in the front position and press the button behind the clip window in to remove the clip. Load up to six Mega Darts into the provided clip and insert it into the clip slot.
To prime the Centurion, pull the bolt to the rear of the blaster and push it forward back to the starting position. This loads one dart into the chamber. Green marks indicating the blaster is ready to fire will appear facing the user.
Pull the trigger to fire the blaster.
- It is the longest Nerf blaster, surpassing the Longstrike by 1.2 inches (3 centimeters).
- It is likely called the "Centurion" because it can fire up to a hundred feet. It may also be a reference to the Centurions, officers of the Roman Army, who would command a hundred soldiers.
- Because the barrel of the Centurion is a permanent fixture, the blaster is not designed to be loaded without the barrel. This can be circumvented, however, by pressing in a mechanism found in front of the clip window upwards, and then loading the clip.
- It can get up to 100 feet yet it uses a reverse plunger. Its plunger is huge though, but this might be the cause of inconsistent ranges.
- It was awaited that the Centurion would replace modding, as someone could just buy a Centurion and use it as is without modding.The mod community did not welcome the Centurion, because it uses too unpractical darts, and because it is too expensive for the quality.
|The full image gallery for Centurion may be viewed at Centurion/Gallery.|
|N-Strike Elite Mega blasters|
|Centurion • Magnus|