The first Nerf clip type was released in 1995 along with the Sawtooth. The second clip type was released in 1997 along with the Electric Eel. It was not until 2007 and the release of the Longshot CS-6 and the six dart clip that clips became very popular and widely used.
Modification of clips is very uncommon. This is because clips cannot be opened up without force, and using force could break the clip.
Before Suction Darts, Nerfers would modify clips to use other darts like Micro Darts, and other non-clip compatible darts, because Streamline Darts and Elite Darts were inaccurate. Banana clips use a block; if this block is removed, it allows the clip to hold twelve darts. Other times, Nerfers may combine clips together, such as combining a six dart clip with another six dart clip to make a makeshift twelve dart clip. In some clips, such as an eighteen dart clip, Nerfers may chisel out plastic on the left side so they can see darts loaded when they are right-handed. By drilling a hole into the retainer of the clip, and then putting a guide rod, the clip can load Stefans more properly.
Clip system clips
These clips are only compatible with the blaster they were originally packaged in with. The majority of these clips are discontinued.
|Five dart clip||1995||Sawtooth|
|Four dart clip||1997||Electric Eel|
|Battlescout clip||2016||Battlescout ICS-10|
Clip system clips
These clips are compatible with most Buzz Bee clip system blasters.
|Eight dart clip||2015|
|Twenty dart clip||2015|
These clips are only compatible with the blaster they were originally packaged with.
- Some of the 2011 Super Soaker blasters use a similar reloading system with an accessory called the water clip. It functions much like a regular clip, but holds water instead of darts.
- Most clips can fit at least one more dart than advertised as able to do so, but this makes them more prone to jamming.
- Although marketed under the name "clip", the Nerf clips are technically magazines by definition. A clip is used to feed a magazine or revolving cylinder, while a magazine or a belt is used to load rounds into the chamber.
- ↑ Drifting gambler mods (2016-08-07). Nerf Modulus ECS-10 Clipazine mod. (This changes everything!!!!) YouTube.com.
- ↑ ModWorks Singapore (2011-11-17). Stefan Compatible 18-Dart Clip - Mod Guide! ModWorks.Blogspot.com.