|This product has been discontinued.
It cannot be purchased in retail stores. The only way to obtain it is through second-hand websites and stores.
Not to be confused with the Guardian Crossbow.
As the name would suggest, this blaster resembles a crossbow. It has fake bow strings that do not help to fire the blaster and are simply there for aesthetics. It has an integrated shoulder stock where the priming mechanism is located.
It has two forms of ammunition: arrows for long range blasting and Mega Darts for close combat. Because arrows break easily, it is more common to see people use the blaster for Mega Dart use. Due to the size of the blaster, young children may have difficulty using it.
It was the first blaster designed to fire two different ammo types.
The blaster was rumored to be re-released sometime around 2001 after the Big Bad Bow, Bow 'n' Arrow and Double Crossbow had all seen re-releases of some sort. In the end, the idea never came into fruition.
Crossbows are incredibly popular in the modification community for both normal modification and acting as a case for custom internals. Due to their simplicity and high-volume air output, Crossbows are extremely easy to modify (depending upon the user's imaginative purposes) and have potential for great versatility of mods. Common modifications can make this blaster fire distances over a hundred and twenty feet. Additionally, many owners modify their Crossbow's barrel to shoot the various types of Micro Darts or Stefans.
Reloading and firing
To reload the Crossbow, place either a Mega Dart in or an arrow over the blaster's barrel. Pull back the priming mechanism located in the integrated stock to prime the blaster.
Pull the trigger to fire either a Mega Dart or an arrow.
- Although popular, the Crossbow has become rare and very hard to come by online. Due to this, Crossbows have been known to sell for up to 250.00 USD on eBay.
- The Crossbow is the inspiration for the popular homemade blaster, the Plusbow. Both act similarly and have almost the same internals layout.
- Crossbow instructions on the Hasbro website
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 NerfCenter.com: Crossbow. NerfCenter.com.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 NC Review - Nerf® Crossbow(TM). NerfCenter.com.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Nerf Crossbow | Review | Dart Strike. dartstrike.com.
- ↑ Area Nerf: Bow Re-Release. Geocities.ws/Nerfman_99
|Nerf Action blasters|
|1994||Ballzooka • Chainblazer • Double Crossbow • Sneak Shot • Sonic Stinger Bow 'n' Arrow • Switchfire|
|1995||Crossbow • Ripsaw • Secret Shot • Sharpshooter II|