|This product has been discontinued.
It cannot be purchased in retail stores. The only way to obtain it is through second-hand websites and stores.
The Deploy CS-6 (known as the Flash Break CS-6 in Japan) is a clip-system Nerf blaster that was released in 2010 under the N-Strike series. The built-in flashlight requires three “AAA" batteries that are not included.
It is a unique blaster that has the ability to change between two modes: Flashlight Mode and Blaster Mode. It has one tactical rail on top of its carrying handle. There is a jam door on the right side of the blaster, located at the front of the blaster. It has room for a dart to fit into the center of the front of the pump. The handle is re-adjusted when in flashlight mode, and is pushed back into a containing area.
The use of a thirty-five dart drum will cause the Deploy function to not drop the light and clip to its respective position, unless tilted to the left when doing so; when it does drop down, it will do so with considerable force. An eighteen dart clip is not affected by this.
The blaster is compatible with barrel extensions; despite this, it is the first blaster to be compatible and not come packaged with its own barrel extension. Also, attaching a barrel of considerable weight will cause the blaster to tilt upwards, causing the blaster to not correctly deploy. This is due to a weak spring attempting to move the blaster's shoulder.
The orange pump action handle can also become stuck and will only be able to slide halfway.
The original variant of the blaster included a strap. Later variants removed the strap.
The Deploy has been released with the following color schemes:
- N-Strike (yellow, black, gray, and orange)
- Clear Series (clear plastic and orange)
- Sonic Series (clear green and orange)
- Whiteout Series (white, black, gray, and orange)
The blaster cannot, without modification, remove a new clip without priming the blaster. Because of this, it is usually disliked in modifying communities.
The Deploy has been sold in a value pack with a bonus Flip Clip, ten Streamline Darts and two clips. The "Refill and Reload" variant includes six extra Streamline Darts.
The Deploy has two distinct modes: Flashlight Mode and Blaster Mode.
To switch to Blaster Mode, press the "Deploy" button on the top of the blaster's carrying handle.
To switch to Flashlight Mode, the user must physically set the blaster's parts into place: the clip/light must be flipped back up and the shoulder stock must be pushed forward by pressing the orange triangle button and pushing the stock forward.
Flashlight Mode is very compact and features a light on the front of the handle. There is a small orange button, near the flashlight, to turn it on.
The blaster can not be fired in Flashlight Mode; when it is folded up, the inserted clip folds upwards and comes out of the top of the blaster.
It should also be noted that the light on the front is not very bright. This is to prevent people's eyes from being damaged when looking at the light. This makes it effective to about half the firing range of the blaster unmodified, deeming the flashlight as useless or more useless than a Nite Finder light. Because of this, attaching a tactical light could be useful after all.
Blaster Mode is simply what it says: the firing mode. When in Blaster Mode, the clip will fold out onto the left side of the blaster, the shoulder stock will slide backwards, and the handle will flip down from inside the blaster. The blaster's light will also flip to the left.
Reloading and firing
To reload the Deploy, pull the bottom pump slide back and press the clip release button to remove any loaded clips. Load up to six darts into the provided six dart clip. While holding down the clip release button, load the clip into the side of the blaster. Pump the slide forward to prime the blaster.
Pull the trigger to fire a dart.
- Oddly enough, when used upside-down, the Deploy CS-6 seems to fire faster and more accurately, likely due to the change in direction of the darts being fed into the breech.
- If a user puts a tactical scope on the Deploy, the flashlight feature can only be used sideways; the clip cannot be straight up. However, the scope that came with the Element EX-6 can be attached and still function, provided that the tinted lens is folded from the front of the scope to the side.
- The Clear, Whiteout and Sonic versions of the Deploy did not come with a carrying strap.
- On some Deploys, the trigger will have a slight delay when priming and firing the blaster.
- This was the last blaster to bear the old N-Strike logo, which was replaced by a newer logo in mid-2010.
- It is not advised to deploy the blaster while holding it by the priming bar. If opened while doing this, the user's hand may be injured.
- Like the Rayven CS-18, Elite Darts seem to fare worse in the Deploy CS-6 rather than other clip system blasters.
|The full image gallery for Deploy CS-6 may be viewed at Deploy CS-6/Gallery.|
- Deploy CS-6 instructions on the Hasbro website
- ↑ Nerf Mods & Reviews: Nerf Deploy CS-6. NerfModsReviews.com
- ↑ Blaster Parts: Nerf N-Strike Deploy CS-6. BlasterParts.de
- ↑ SG Nerf (2012-02-02). SG Nerf: Nerf Deploy CS-6 - Review!. sgnerf.blogspot.com.
- ↑ NerfHaven: Check This Out!. NerfHaven.com
- ↑ Sprocket Man: Hasbro Toy Fair 2010 - NERF. YouTube.com
|Clip system blasters|
|N-Strike||Alpha Trooper CS-18 • Deploy CS-6 • Longshot CS-6 • Longstrike CS-6 • Raider Rapid Fire CS-35 • Rayven CS-18 • Recon CS-6 • Stampede ECS|
|N-Strike Elite||Alpha Trooper CS-6 • Alpha Trooper CS-12 • Cam ECS-12 • CrossBolt • Demolisher 2-In-1 • Hail-Fire • HyperFire • Rampage • Rayven CS-18 • Rayven Stinger • RayvenFire • Retaliator • Rhino-Fire • Stryfe|
|N-Strike Modulus||Mediator • Modulus ECS-10 • Recon MKII • Regulator • Tri-Strike|
|Zombie Strike||RevReaper • SlingFire|
|Other Nerf blasters||Allegiant Blaster • Captain Cassian Andor Deluxe Blaster • Double Dealer • Desolator • First Order Stormtrooper Deluxe Blaster • Rapid Red • RaptorStrike • Sergeant Jyn Erso Deluxe Blaster • First Order Stormtrooper Deluxe Blaster|
|Non-Nerf blasters||Brute • Champion • Sentinel • Snipe|