|This product has been discontinued, but may still be in limited stock in retail stores.
It comes packaged with two Zombie Strike Darts.
The Doublestrike features an intelligent air restrictor system, similar to that of the Rough Cut 2x4, the Crossfire Bow and the Triad EX-3. It has a single tactical rail. Like the Hammershot and Sweet Revenge, it is cocked by a hammer, and it is the smallest Nerf blaster to feature this mechanism. On the side is a 3D relief of a revolver's cylinder system; however, that is only a visual effect.
Its accuracy reportedly varies depending on the barrel; the top barrel is said to be more accurate than the bottom barrel. The spring is rather strong, although this causes a minor blowback of air when priming the blaster which pushes the dart forward when primed downwards too far, causing a large amount of dart drag.
Many users reported that they can not attach most accessories via tactical rail, as it is too small.
The Doublestrike was the second 2014 Zombie Strike blaster to be revealed, after the SlingFire. It was first revealed by DartBlaster.de in February, 2014 at a Toy Fair after it was spotted at a Toy Fair. The early iteration of the Doublestrike differed from the final production blaster in several regards, most notably the absence of a spacer between the two barrels in the final production model.
Reloading and firing
To load the Doublestrike, load a dart into each barrel. Pull the hammer back until it clicks and release to fully prime the blaster.
Pull the trigger to fire a dart.
- It is possible to fire the Doublestrike by fanning the hammer, although it will need some practice from the user. This, in a way, can fire both darts nearly at the same time.
- Releasing the hammer accidentally before it catches may launch a dart. Also, there are a few degrees of play between the hammer catch and the actual end of hammer travel. Releasing the hammer too quickly in this case may also cause a dart to fire.
|The full image gallery for Doublestrike may be viewed at Doublestrike/Gallery.|
- ↑ Smyths Toys: NERF Zombie Strike Doublestrike - SmythsToys.com
- ↑ Randomshadow09 (2014-08-05). Nerf ZombieStrike Doublestrike - Range Test (Stock). YouTube.com.
- ↑ Blaster Labs: Nerf Zombie Strike Doublestrike Review. BlasterLabs.com
- ↑ MyLastDart: NEW 2014 Nerf Zombie Strike Doublestrike and Slingfire - MyLastDart.com