|This product has been discontinued, but may still be in limited stock in retail stores.
It is a Toys "R" Us exclusive.
The Element EX-6 closely resembles the Switch Shot EX-3 and the Nite Finder EX-3, with the exception of its large dart storage which can hold five extra darts. It is slightly larger than the Switch Shot and the Nite Finder, but is actually lighter than them when no accessories are on the blaster. This is because of the fact that the Element lacks any of the built-in features that the Nite Finder and Switch Shot had which increased their weights.
The blaster features one tactical rail and one strap point located on the end of its handle. The handle of the Element is similar to the handle mold seen recurring on several N-Strike blasters including the Switch Shot, Recon CS-6, Barricade RV-10, and the Alpha Trooper CS-18.
The Element EX-6 is an extremely easy blaster to modify. It features nearly the same internals as the Nite Finder EX-3, another popular blaster for modifications. One notable difference is that the barrel pieces within the Element are not glued; the pieces are all easy to disassemble. This makes Air restrictor modding and barrel exchanging extremely easy.
The Element can be found in the Disk Shot Set, packaged with no accessories, and the Element EX-6 Action Kit, packaged with a tactical scope and a light beam unit. It is also packaged with most of the many value packs of the Disk Shot Set with the notable exceptions of the Firefly REV-8 value pack and the Maverick REV-6 twin value pack.
Reloading and firing
To reload the Element, load a dart into its muzzle. To prime the blaster, pull the cocking mechanism back until it cannot travel any further.
Pull the trigger to fire a dart.
Streamline Darts will not work with this blaster.
- By tying a string connecting the two plunger tubes, it is possible to dual wield the Element.
- Because Elite Darts and Streamline Darts lack the large dart head of any derivation of the Micro Dart, they easily slide too far down into the dart storage, making it hard to remove them to reload the blaster. Therefore, despite their superior ranges, Elite Darts would not be optimum ammunition for this weapon.
- A bootleg of the Element was released by an Leyuan, a Chinese pirate company, named the Crossfire Gun: Super Blaster. While not made from the same quality materials it still retains the performance of an original Element. However, the pirate version stores one fewer dart and only comes with four darts. Also, the dart heads are easily detached from the dart bodies.
- This is the only external single fire blaster in the N-Strike line never to have any color variations; the Element was sold under only one color scheme.
- Like the majority of the external single fire blasters, the Element is capable of bow-firing (the act of holding down the trigger while pulling back and releasing the cocking mechanism).
|External single fire blasters|
|Element EX-6 • Jolt EX-1 • Nite Finder EX-3 • Switch Shot EX-3|