|Size||7 cm. long|
Despite their ability to be used in Streamline Dart clips and drums, Elite Darts have differences from their predecessor dart type. The color scheme is different, as well as having a shorter tip plug than the streamlines for better compatability with more blasters.
It has been demonstrated that Elite Darts shoot farther than Streamlines, most likely due to the aforementioned changes. Commercials claim that these darts go seventy-five feet when fired from an Elite blaster, but like Streamlines, they vary in range and accuracy. These darts are more accurate than regular Streamline Darts.
Nerfologist, a trader on eBay UK, has tested these darts extensively in a range of modified N-Strike blasters and has seen range gains of five to fifteen feet over Streamline Darts used in the same blaster. Not surprisingly, it would seem the higher performing blasters see the biggest gains in distance. Another big advantage noted was that higher velocities do not cause Elite Darts to "fishtail" to anywhere near the same extent as Streamline Darts. Their behaviour is more akin to well-made Stefans.
The Elite Dart has been released in the following color schemes:
- Standard (blue body and orange head)
- Special Edition blue (blue, white, and black camo body and orange head)
- Special edition gray (gray and black camo body and white head)
There are fourteen blasters that use Elite Darts as their primary ammo:
- Alpha Trooper CS-12
- Rayven CS-18
- Rough Cut 2x4
- Triad EX-3
Blasters that are able to fire Streamline Darts or Micro Darts are able to fire Elite Darts as well. This includes all clip system blasters. They have also been shown to work very well in the clip-fed Dart Tag blasters.
Elite Dart refill packs come in the following sizes:
- 12 (Special Edition Elite Darts)
- 18 (includes an eighteen dart clip)
- 24 (includes a six dart clip)
- It was originally rumored that Elite Darts would have been able to whistle and stick to walls. A concept mock-up claimed that it would have been like a combination of a Whistler Dart, a Micro Dart, and a Streamline Dart.
- Standard Elite darts have a letter "J" on the tips. These are found in refill packs and the first set of Elite blasters.
- There are, so far, 5 dart letter types: 'A' comes with the Rough Cut 2x4, 'K' with the Strongarm, 'W' with the Firestrike, Jolt, and Triad, 'J' with most refill packs and clip system N-Strike Elite Blasters, and 'T' with the Alpha Trooper CS-12
|Darts||Elite Dart • Glow-in-the-dark dart • Micro Dart • Sonic Micro Dart|
Streamline Dart • Tagger Micro Dart (Whistler) • Whistler Dart
|Other||Arrow • Ballistic Ball • Mega Missile • XLR disc|