|Size||2.75 ln (7 cm) long|
Despite their ability to be used in Streamline Dart clips and drums, Elite Darts have differences from their predecessor dart type. The color scheme is different, as well as having a shorter tip plug than Streamline Darts for better compatibility with more blasters. The weight of Elite Darts is also slightly different when compared to Streamline Darts (approximately 1 gram for Elite Darts and 1.3 grams for Streamline Darts).
It has been demonstrated that Elite Darts shoot farther than Streamlines, most likely due to the aforementioned changes. Commercials claim that these darts go seventy-five feet when fired from an Elite blaster, but like Streamlines, they vary in range and accuracy. These darts are more accurate than regular Streamlines.
A UK Nerfer has used Streamlines against Elites in blasters in a head-to-head competetion. Blasters used were granted anywhere from a 10% to a 20% increase in overall range. Blasters with higher stock ranges were also found to yield the highest advantage from the use of Elites. Another discovered edge was that Elite Darts are much more aerodynamically stable than Streamlines. At higher dart speed, Elite Darts were less prone to unintended trajectory disruption by "fishtailing"; Elite Darts essentially outperform Streamlines in all favorable ways.
Elite Darts still suffer from horrible aerodynamics, like Streamlines, despite their improvements. This is all due to the tiny hole in the head of each dart. When an Elite is fired from a blaster, there is considerable force (from air resistance) pushing against the head of the dart. Because of the hole in the rubber tip, the oncoming drag forces the air inside of the tip out through the hole. The dart head compresses, deforming the dart's shape and unbalancing it. And since darts lack sufficient weight to stablize midair, they cannot recover or fix their trajectory. No longer able to fly properly in this conditional, the dart will fishtail, spiral, swerve, etc. The spread and inaccuracy of Elites are easily attributed to this inherent design flaw. Hasbro likely continues to manufacture darts Elites with the hole in order to meet safety regulations; however, the new (and hole-less) design of the Elite Suction Dart improves upon standard Elite Darts greatly.
Blasters that are able to fire Streamline Darts or Micro Darts are able to fire Elite Darts as well. This includes all clip system blasters. They have also been shown to work very well in the clip-fed Dart Tag blasters.
The Elite Dart has one variant: the Suction Dart.
The Elite Dart has been released in the following color schemes:
- Standard (blue body and orange head)
- Alternate (yellow body and orange head, exclusive to Rayven Stinger)
- Special Edition blue (blue, white, and black camo body and orange head)
- Special Edition gray (gray and black camo body and white head)
- Collectible Darts (Rebelle)
- N-Strike Modulus (White body and Orange head)
- Zombie Strike darts (Zombie Strike)
- Sonic FIRE (red body and orange head)
There are fifteen blasters that use Elite Darts as their primary ammo:
- Alpha Trooper CS-12
- Rapidstrike CS-18
- Rayven CS-18
- Rough Cut 2x4
- Triad EX-3
- Rayven Stinger
Elite Dart refill packs come in the following sizes:
|12 (Special Edition Elite Darts)||7.99 USD|
|18 (includes an eighteen dart clip)||9.99 USD|
|24 (Hail-Fire Upgrade Kit)||14.99 USD|
|100 (includes two six dart clips) (Ammo Box)||29.99 USD|
- It was originally rumored that Elite Darts would have been able to whistle and stick to walls. A concept mock-up claimed that it would have been like a combination of a Whistler Dart, a Micro Dart, and a Streamline Dart. This concept was later partially realized with the Elite Suction Darts.
- There are, so far, 5 dart letter types: "A" comes with the Rough Cut 2x4, the Rapidstrike CS-18 and the Reflex IX-1. "K" with the Strongarm, and Retaliator, "W" with the Firestrike, Jolt, and Triad, "J" with most refill packs (including the "Special Edition" versions) and clip system N-Strike Elite Blasters, and "T" with the Alpha Trooper CS-12.
|Nerf ammunition types|
|Darts||Collectible Dart • Elite Dart • Mega Dart • Glow-in-the-dark dart • Micro Dart • Secret Message Dart • Sonic Micro Dart • Suction Dart (Rebelle) • Tagger Micro Dart (Whistler) • Whistler Dart • Zombie Strike dart|
|Other||Arrow • Ballistic Ball • Mega Missile • Missile • XLR disc|