|This product has been discontinued, but may still be in limited stock in retail stores.
Not to be confused with Firefly Tech.
It comes packaged with eight glow-in-the-dark darts.
The Firefly utilizes a strobe light to illuminate its unique darts, allowing them to glow for a period of time. The Firefly is primed after every shot via a slide on the top, and supports a small tactical rail in front of the slide.
In addition to the eight darts stored in the cylinder, the Firefly also has an ammunition rack on either side of its integrated stock, allowing it to hold an additional eight darts.
In 2010, the packaging was redesigned to fit in with the new product line.
The Firefly has been released with the following color schemes:
- N-Strike standard color scheme (yellow, black, gray, and orange)
- N-Strike alternate color scheme (blue, yellow, gray, and orange)
- Iron Man re-release (red, yellow, and orange)
There exists a value pack with the Firefly and forty glow-in-the-dark darts, but it is extremely hard to find.
Reloading and firing
To reload the Firefly, load up to eight darts into the cylinder. Push the slide on top back and forth all the way to prime the blaster.
Pull the trigger to fire a dart.
- The Firefly is the second Nerf blaster to include and support use of glow in the dark darts. The first was the Electric Eel.
- A negative outcome of the flash system is the fact that enemy players can see where the blaster is being fired from. But this feature can be turned off for stealth attacks. Still even with the flash system on, enemy players can get distracted long enough for them to get hit or the player can move from place to place to confuse the enemy player.
- The Firefly is featured as a weapon in Nerf N-Strike.
- The Firefly's flash system takes a moment to recharge after each shot, so if a player primes and reloads the blaster fast enough, they can "outshoot" the flash system, resulting in darts not being lit up and glowing.
- The Firefly was the first Nerf blaster to feature a bullpup design.
|The full image gallery for Firefly REV-8 may be viewed at Firefly REV-8/Gallery.|
- Firefly REV-8 instructions on the Hasbro website
- ↑ NerfHaven (2005-08-29). Office Nerfing Review - Firefly (& Vs. Dart Tag): General Nerf: Community Forums. NerfHaven.com.
|N-Strike||Barricade RV-10 (Electronic revolver) • Firefly REV-8 • Maverick REV-6 • Spectre REV-5|
|N-Strike Elite||Spectre REV-5 • Stockade (Electronic revolver) • Strongarm|
|Other||Hammershot • Spylight • Sweet Revenge|