The Flash Blast advertises as being a quick, single-pump blaster. It is refilled from the front of the blaster, below the muzzle. It fires short bursts of water and is capable to shoot up to twenty-five feet. It also advertises as being able to be slam fired. This is the fourth Super Soaker to be spring-powered after the Shot blast, Rattler, and Quick Blast although it is the first spring powered water blaster to use a trigger
The blaster was the smallest to be released in 2013 and arrived to poor reviews from fans. Critics of the blaster found its capacity small, and its output, a mere four ounces, disappointing.
The Flash Blast was re-released in 2014 with a new color scheme.
The Flash Blast has been released with the following color schemes:
- Original (white, black, and orange)
- 2014 re-release (white, lime green, blue, and orange)
- This is the only Super Soaker released in 2013 to utilize a firing trigger.
- Some customers have complained that the title on the right side of the weapon peels off quite easily, and can come off onto hands while racking the slide if wet.
- It bears a strong resemblance to the Dart Tag Sharp Shot