It comes packaged with twelve Zombie Strike Darts and instructions.
The FlipFury is a revolver-like blaster that features two six-dart barrels. The barrels can be "flipped" between, allowing the user to fire from both barrels at will, with the use of the bottom-most trigger, below the firing trigger. Its priming mechanism is similar to that of the N-Strike Elite Strongarm. It features one small tactical rail and three strap points. It also has the ability to slam fire.
The FlipFury was leaked alongside seven other blasters on September 1, 2014 by Urban Taggers. Within a short period of time, a representative of Hasbro had the photo blocked from viewing on several sites. The German site Bankroft.de then released stock images of the blaster which were spotted on October 27, 2014.
The FlipFury was officially announced by Nerf on October 31, 2014, on their official Facebook page.
Reloading and firing
To reload the FlipFury, load up to six darts in each of the blasters' two barrels. To prime the blaster, pull back the priming slide and allow it to return to its original position.
Pull the firing trigger to fire a dart.
- The FlipFury is very similar to the X-Shot Xcess. Released three years earlier in 2012, the Xcess features the same barrel-flipping ability, with two dart barrels and a total capacity of twelve darts.
- The FlipFury appears to have been designed after a popular Maverick REV-6 and Strongarm modification, where the rotating cylinders are attached and flipped whenever they are empty.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Nerf - Timeline Photos. Facebook.com/Nerf
- ↑ MasterBlaster (2014-09-01). Nerf Modulus Leaked; 2015 Blasters Outed. BlasterLabs.com
- ↑ Southern Brisbane Nerf Club (2014-10-28). Southern Brisbane Nerf Club: Zombiestrike Flipfury on Bankroft.de. SouthernBrisbaneNerfClub.blogspot.ca