|Blaster type||Electronic dart blaster (flywheel)|
|Stock ammunition type||Elite Darts|
|Stock capacity||24 (sold with product)|
144 (highest capacity)
|Size||20" (50.8 cm) long|
|Weight||2.8 lb (1.27 kg)|
|Average retail price||31.99 USD|
The blaster requires assembling before use. It is a fairly small yet squat and wide semi-automatic blaster that feels more weighted than other smaller flywheel blasters. The Hail-Fire has the highest advertised ammo capacity of any stock Nerf blaster: 144 darts.
The Hail-Fire, like other N-Strike Elite blasters, features a digital camouflage design etched into it. It features one medium sized tactical rail on top of the blaster and a very small one in front of the rotating ammo rack that is similar to the one on the Stampede ECS. The jam door is located at the top front of the blaster and is a clear slide. The orange battery door is located at the top back of the blaster. It is incompatible with shoulder stocks and barrel extensions.
The carry handle, called the Advance Handle, is located at the front of the blaster. The jam door must be closed for the advance handle to work. In order to advance to the next clip, crank the handle forward and then pull the handle back. It is relatively difficult to advance it fast; it is suggested to do fir and slow unless the need arrives to do it fast.
The two semicircular pieces that cover the magazine carousel must be assembled out of the box, but they can be removed after assembly (with some force). Without the large cover pieces, the blaster looks far less formidable, but magazines do not have to be removed to load darts. Also, this allows the carousel to be rotated by hand.
Despite advertising a capacity of 144 darts, the Hail-Fire only comes packaged with twenty-four; another four six dart clips will give the blaster a full stock capacity of forty-eight darts. This full stock capacity is achieved by purchasing the Hail-Fire Upgrade Kit, or purchasing a Hail-Fire value pack.
Because the Hail-Fire is compatible with other clips, using eight twelve dart clips will give a maximum of ninety-six darts and eight eighteen dart clips will give the total maximum capacity of 144 darts.
The Hail-Fire was first revealed in February 2012 at the 2012 Toy Fair.
Unlike most other blasters in the N-Strike Elite line, the Hail-Fire is not a successor to any previous N-Strike blaster.
The Hail-Fire has been released with the following color schemes:
A Walmart-exclusive special value bonus pack features a Hail-Fire with a full set of forty-eight darts and eight clips.
Reloading and firing
To reload the Hail-Fire, first turn off the blaster and pull the loaded clips out. Load up to six Elite Darts into each of the packaged six dart clips. Load up to eight clips, with darts facing outwards, into the blaster and turn the blaster back on.
Hold down the acceleration trigger and pull the trigger to fire darts. Once a clip is emptied, crank the Advance Handle to switch to the next clip to continue firing.
- The Hail-Fire can be loaded through the jam door; this is considerably more comfortable than with other blasters. Its jam door is also substantially larger than most other jam doors.
- The Hail-Fire is advertised as the flagship of N-Strike Elite.
- It has the highest advertised capacity of any Nerf blaster.
- It is the only Elite clip system blaster that can't use barrel extensions nor shoulder stocks.
- A flash game was created to promote the release of the blaster called Hail-Fire Test Labs. In addition, the Hail-Fire is a featured blaster in the Build-a-Blaster flash game.
|The full image gallery for Hail-Fire may be viewed at Hail-Fire/Gallery.|
- ↑ Nerf Nation (2012-05-29). We have seen the.... Facebook.com.
- ↑ ClickClickBAMF (2012-08-17). NERF Elite Hail-Fire Un-boxing - Some Assembly Required YouTube.com.
- ↑ Basic Nerf (2012-07-19). The N-Strike Elite Hail-Fire with High Ammo Capacity (Photos) « Basic Nerf. basicnerf.blogspot.com.
- ↑ Tacticool Tag and Gaming Society of Chicagoland: Nerf Hailfire Revealed!. TtagsChicago.blogspot.ca
- ↑ Foam Dart Goodness: Mod Shop – Nerf Hailfire – Clip Reliability, Easier Reloading and Voltage Increase. FoamDartGoodness.wordpress.com
|N-Strike Elite blasters|
|2012||Hail-Fire • Rampage • Retaliator • Stockade|
|2013||Alpha Trooper CS-12 • Firestrike • RapidStrike CS-18 • Rayven CS-18|
Rayven Stinger • Rough Cut 2x4 • Spectre REV-5 • Strongarm
Stryfe • Triad EX-3
|2014||Cam ECS-12 • Demolisher 2-In-1 • Rhino-Fire|