It comes packaged with five Zombie Strike Darts and instructions.
The Hammershot is essentially the "brother" blaster to the Rebelle Sweet Revenge; unlike the Sweet Revenge, it features a faux-wood finish on its handle and fake fabric wrapped around it. It also sports a tactical rail on top of the blaster and has a strap point for a sling or bandolier on the end of the handle. It sports the Z-Strike logo just behind the forward mounted cylinder.
With five darts in the cylinder and a single-action hammer performance, the Hammershot fires as quickly as the firer is capable. Younger Nerfers will likely need two hands to operate the blaster, whereas older Nerfers should have no trouble firing two blasters at once. Either way, the darts should hit the target more often than not with the superior accuracy despite the short barrel.
The Hammershot has a sensitive trigger, occasionally resulting in accidentally firing darts. Real firearm safety training is encouraged to use the Hammershot to the best of the user's ability.
The blaster was known in production stages as the "Hammer-5". Some differences between the final and prototype blaster include the handle's lack of a fabric wrap design, adjustments to the front, as well as various color changes.
This was released alongside the SledgeFire in the first line of Zombie Strike blasters. The Hammershot was originally a Target exclusive, but has since then been released in other stores, such as Toys 'R' Us and Walmart.
Reloading and firing
To reload the Hammershot, load up to five darts into the five chambers of the revolver. Pull the cocking hammer down fully to prime the blaster.
Pull the firing trigger to fire a dart. It can also be fired by holding the trigger and "fanning" the hammer. This tends to reduce distance, however.
- This is the second non-electronic Nerf blaster that can be dual wielded, the first being the Dart Tag Snapfire 8. Others include similar designs in the Doomlands 2169 series with the Persuader, the Negotiator, and the Lawbringer, all of which feature hammer-action priming mechanisms. Previous multi-shot single action designs such as the N-Strike Maverick REV-6 could be primed with one hand by using a sling or catching the slide another object, but this was an improvised solution.
- The Hammershot, along with the Sweet Revenge, are the first Nerf blasters to accurately mimic the user interaction of operating a real single action revolver.
- Many Nerfers consider the Hammershot to be the main rival to the standard pistols such as the N-Strike Elite Strongarm and the Disruptor, as it has a similar rotating barrel but can be used single-handedly.
- ↑ RandomShadow09: Nerf ZombieStrike Hammershot - Range Test. YouTube.com
- ↑ Blaster Labs: Review: Nerf Zombie Strike Hammershot. BlasterLabs.com