|Blaster type||Single-fire dart blaster (direct plunger)|
|Stock ammunition type||Whistler Dart|
Zombie Strike dart
|Size||4" x 4" x 1.25"|
10.16cm x 10.16cm x 3.17cm
|Weight||about .25 lbs|
|Average retail price||5.99 USD|
It comes packaged with two Whistler Darts. The re-release comes packaged with two Elite Darts. The Zombie Strike release came packaged in the Zombie Strike Target Set. The Rebelle release comes packaged in the Knock Out Gallery.
It has a digital camo design, like the Longstrike CS-6 and the Raider CS-35. It also does not feature the N-Strike color scheme and instead features a color scheme similar to that of the Gear Up series. It currently holds the title of the smallest blaster released by Nerf, beating out the Secret Strike AS-1.The blaster has no tactical rail due to it's small size.
The majority of the blaster is one solid piece, rather than two halves like many others. The only separate pieces are the trigger mechanism, the plunger, and a plate where the plunger comes out from. Like most blasters of its type, it doesn't accept Streamline Darts without a modification.
Re-shells and color schemes
The Jolt has been released with the following color schemes:
- N-Strike (orange and black)
- "N-Strike Elite" (blue, orange, and white)
- "N-Strike Elite" variant 1 (clear green and solid orange)
- "N-Strike Elite" variant 2 (clear blue and solid orange)
- "N-Strike Elite" variant 3 (clear and solid orange)
- Blue, black, and orange (packaged with the Clue Elimination game)
- Green, black, and orange (packaged with the Clue Elimination game)
- Red, black, and orange (packaged with the Clue Elimination game)
- Yellow, black, and orange (packaged with the Clue Elimination game)
- Zombie Strike (neon green and black; packaged with the Zombie Strike Target Set)
- Rebelle (white, pink and aqua; packaged with the Knock Out Gallery)
- Sonic ICE (transparent blue with gray trigger)
- Sonic FIRE (transparent red with gray trigger)
The Clue Elimination game comes packaged with four custom Jolts. There also exists an eight-Jolt party pack which also comes with sixteen Elite Darts.
There is a value pack of the Thunderbow that includes five Mega Darts, a Jolt, three Elite Darts and three targets. The targets are recolored versions of the targets included with the Zombie Strike Target Set, which also includes a Jolt.
Because of its size and lacking internals, there is little to no room for modification. Removal of the air restrictor may actually cause problems with darts blocking the air chamber. It is, however, a good candidate for a blaster integration due to its size.
Reloading and firing
To reload the Jolt, load a dart into the barrel; pull the plunger tube downwards to prime the blaster.
Pull the trigger to fire a dart.
- The Jolt is one of two N-Strike blasters (the other being the Rayven) to have a non-standard colour scheme and have no number code on the blaster's shell.
- Strangely, the recolored Jolt used to be listed as an N-Strike Elite product on the Nerf website, despite only being listed as N-Strike on the package.
- When a Whistler Dart has been used excessively in the Jolt, it slides out slightly when primed. This is due to the air restrictor.
- It can be bow-fired with some practice.
|The full image gallery for Jolt EX-1 may be viewed at Jolt EX-1/Gallery.|
- ↑ Southern Brisbane Nerf Club: Anyone seen this before? Found this on Taobao.. Facebook.com
- ↑ Walmart: Nerf Mega ThunderBow Blaster Value Pack. Wal-mart.com
|Zombie Strike blasters|
|2013||Hammershot • Sledgefire|
|2014||Crossfire Bow • Doublestrike • Fusefire • Ricochet • Ripshot • Rough Cut 2x4 • Slingfire • Sidestrike|
|2015||Doominator • FlipFury|
|Sonic ICE blasters and Super Soakers|
|Blasters||Centurion • Jolt EX-1 • Rampage • Retaliator • Hail-Fire|
|Super Soakers||Alphafire • Tidal Tube|
|Sonic FIRE blasters and Super Soakers|
|Blasters||Barrel Break IX-2 • Jolt EX-1 • Strongarm|
|Super Soakers||Alphafire • Tidal Tube|
|External single fire blasters|
|Element EX-6 • Jolt EX-1 • Nite Finder EX-3 • Switch Shot EX-3|