It comes packaged with five High-Impact Rounds, two team flags (red and blue), and instructions.
The Kronos is a Nerf RIVAL blaster that holds up to five High-Impact Rounds in an internal magazine, curved to reduce space. The rounds are indexed by a torsion spring-assisted follower that pushes them into a chamber. It features two tactical rails, between the set of integrated iron sights, and a single strap point built into the handle. The loading door can be opened and used as a jam door should a jam happen, and on the back of the Kronos is a priming indicator and an unjamming button, which, when pressed, will unlock the slide to fix the jam. Similar to other RIVAL blasters, the Kronos features a safety feature, which can be activated via switch on the left side, just above the firing trigger.
|This is an official description from Hasbro.com. Please do not modify it. (view this product's listing)|
Phantom Corps is a group of rogue specialists who may join Team Red or Team Blue today, then challenge them tomorrow. Nerf Rival battles will never be the same! Go into battle as a member of the Phantom Corps team with the breech-loading Kronos XVIII-500 blaster that features the team’s identifying color and logo. Open the breech to load 5 high-impact rounds into the blaster, then prime it with the spring-action cocking mechanism, take aim, and fire! The blaster sends the rounds blasting into battle at 90 feet per second (27 meters per second). This Nerf Rival blaster also has a trigger lock, and tactical rail. It comes with red and blue flags that players can wear whenever they choose to join Team Red or Team Blue. Experience the intensity of Nerf Rival with the Nerf Rival Phantom Corps Kronos XVIII-500 blaster!
The Kronos will be released in the following color schemes:
Reloading and firing
To reload the Kronos, simply pull back the priming slide, and open up the loading door to load up to five High-Impact Rounds into the integrated magazine. Push the slide back forward to prime the blaster.
Pull the trigger to fire a round.
- The Kronos is named after Cronus. In Greek mythology, Cronus was the leader and youngest of the first generation of the Titans; perhaps the blaster's name refers to the fact that it is smallest Rival blaster.
- The Kronos has the lowest capacity of any Phantom Corps blaster, as well as the lowest capacity of any RIVAL blaster. Therefore, it also is the cheapest RIVAL blaster released.
- This is the second RIVAL blaster to use an internal magazine, the first being the Artemis XVII-3000, and the third being the Hades XVIII-6000.
- The Kronos shares some similarities with the Vortex Vigilon, as both are small blasters with internal magazines and similar capacity. It is also similar to the N-Strike Mega Magnus, in that it loads the internal magazine through the top of the breech.
- Double-priming the Kronos by use of the jamming button permits more rounds in the chamber, it can range from two to four, but range becomes unpredictable and may suffer tremendously. Loading too many rounds could also cause the blaster to jam.
- Some Nerfers have made their own 3D printed speedloaders to make reloading the Kronos easier. The speedloader sits above the opening of the magazine, and users drop the rounds from the loader into it, similar to how a stripper clip works.
|The full image gallery for Kronos XVIII-500 may be viewed at Kronos XVIII-500/Gallery.|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Vas Stampede (2017-09-12). Nerf Spring 2018 prices and press information!. foamfromabove.blogspot.com.
- ↑ LordDraconical (2017-09-10). First Review: RIVAL KRONOS PISTOL (Full Demo, So Awesome!). YouTube.com.
- ↑ GameStop Nerf Rival Deadpool Kronos XVIII-500 Dual Pack GameStop.com.
- ↑ Coop772 (2017-11-18). [REVIEW] Nerf Rival Deadpool Kronos XVIII-500 | RIVAL PISTOL! YouTube.com.
|view • editPhantom Corps blasters|
|2017||Apollo XV-700 • Hera MXVII-1200|
|2018||Hades XVIII-6000 • Helios XVIII-700 • Kronos XVIII-500 • Prometheus MXVIII-20K|