In the United States, it is exclusive to Target stores; in Germany, it is exclusive to Müller drug stores.
The Longshot CS-12 is a re-release of the 2006 N-Strike Longshot CS-6, with notable changes. It features a new Zombie Strike color scheme, a teal-blue with orange stripes across the front. Not included with this re-release is the Longshot front blaster or the integrated bi-pod. In addition, the words "Longshot CS-6" are removed from the front of the blaster; despite this, the blaster retains the N-Strike logo.
Despite not coming with the original front blaster, it is still compatible with barrel extensions. It also still features a collapsible, integrated stock, which can store an extra clip.
The Longshot CS-12 was first revealed in May 2014 on a Smyths Toys link which was then spread around the NIC upon its mainstream discovery on the 30th. It was the first product in the Z.E.D. Squad sub-series to be discovered. Many in the NIC were concerned about the internals of the blaster, wondering whether or not they would stay the same as they did in the original release or if they would be updated to Elite standards.
Orange Mod Works, a team devoted to modding blasters, have released two Unleashed Solid Kits for the Longshot; a Stage 1 kit with replacement spring, trigger catch and a Stage 2 kit with replacement boltsled and plunger.
Reloading and firing
To reload the Longshot CS-12, pull the bolt back and press the clip release button on the right side of the blaster to remove any loaded clips. Load up to twelve Zombie Strike darts into the provided twelve dart clip and load the clip into the blaster.
Push the bolt forward to the starting position to prime it. Pull the trigger to launch a dart.
- The stock still features the N-Strike logo detailed into it. This is probably an oversight from using the same molds as the previous Longshot.
- Besides the limited availability of the N-Strike Elite pinpoint sight, this would be the first time that a scope or a sight has been sold since 2012's Ninja Commando Blaster.
- The Longshot CS-12 is the first Zombie Strike blaster to have a blaster code ("CS-12").
- Longshot CS-12 on the Nerf website
- ↑ Randomshadow09 (2014-08-02). Nerf ZombieStrike Longshot CS-12 - Range Test (Stock). YouTube.com.
- ↑ Dartblaster.de (2014-07-21).Nerf Zombie Strike Longshot Review & Classic Comparison. YouTube.com
- ↑ Southern Brisbane Nerf Club (2014-05-30) Zombiestrike Longshot!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!one. SouthernBrisbaneNerfClub.blogspot.ca
- ↑ Paul Mindemann (2014-06-22). Blaster Labs: Nerf Zombie Strike Z.E.D. Squad: Zombie Epidemic Defense. BlasterLabs.com.
- ↑ Tactical Tag (2014-05-30). The Longshot is Back! New Internals??. Bazookafied.blogspot.ca
|view • editZ.E.D. Squad blasters|
|Clear Shot • Longshot CS-12 • Magnus|