|This product has been discontinued, but may still be in limited stock in retail stores.
It comes packaged with three Mega Darts.
The Magnus features a textured trigger grip, a strap point on the lower-part of the handle and a tactical rail on the bottom of the blaster. It is internally fed similarly to the Vigilon or the Speedload 6 and holds up to three Mega Darts in total. The jam release button is on the left side of the blaster and requires a pen or paper clip to engage reliably.
It is advertised with a firing range of up to eighty-five feet.
The Magnus was the second N-Strike Mega blaster to be revealed. It was first discovered in September 2013.
In some countries, the Magnus was given soft releases in November to December 2013. It was formerly a Toys "R" Us exclusive in Singapore until summer of 2014.
The Magnus has been released with the following color schemes:
- N-Strike Mega (red, white, black, gray, and orange)
- Z.E.D. Squad (orange, black, and gray)
- Z.E.D. Squad variant (teal, black, gray, and orange)
- Sonic ICE (clear blue, white, black, gray, and orange)
There is a Walmart exclusive special value pack that comes with the blaster itself and twelve Mega Darts..
Reloading and firing
To reload the Magnus, pull back the priming slide and load in up to three Mega Darts. The darts should be inserted gently and uniformly so as to help reduce jamming. Push the slide forward to finish priming the blaster - also gently, so as to avoid crushing misaligned darts.
Pull the trigger to fire a dart.
- It is possible to shoot the Magnus with an Elite Dart inside a Mega Dart, but at the expense of range. When fired with an Elite Dart inside a Mega Dart, the Elite Dart will come out just enough for users to manually pull it out.
- This is the only N-Strike Mega blaster to have a built-in clip.
- A chambered dart may fall out of the Magnus if the blaster is swung by the grip with sufficient force.
- To use the Magnus as a single-shot, muzzle-loaded blaster, prime it, then load a dart from the front into the barrel for a quick shot.
|The full image gallery for Magnus may be viewed at Magnus/Gallery.|
- ↑ Range Test: Nerf Mega Magnus - Awesomely Nerf. YouTube.com.
- ↑ Outback Nerf: Review: Nerf Mega Magnus (22m grey trigger). Cplnerf.blogspot.ca
|N-Strike Mega blasters|
|2014||Magnus • Mega ThunderBow|
|2015||BigShock • CycloneShock • RotoFury|
|2016||HotShock • Lightning Bow • Mega Mastodon|
|2017||DoubleBreach • TwinShock|