|This product has been discontinued.
It cannot be purchased in retail stores. The only way to obtain it is through second-hand websites and stores.
It comes packaged with four Mega Darts.
It is shaped like a manta ray to keep in the theme with the Max Force blasters.
It is quite unusual in that the size and shape of the blaster allows it to be used as a shield to block incoming dart fire. The Manta Ray was also the first blaster to be able to fire more than one dart at a time. It has two separate barrels that fire from the blaster's single trigger. The barrels are angled, allowing the fired darts to converge at the desired target.
The Manta Ray was released in the following color schemes:
- Original (teal and black)
- Variant (purple and black)
Reloading and firing
To reload the Manta Ray, load up to four darts in its front barrels. Pull an orange priming rod forward to prime the two darts loaded on that side; both sides can be primed at once.
Pull the center orange trigger piece to fire darts.
- The next time Nerf would attempt to make a "shield" for Nerf blasters would be the Stampede ECS's Blast Shield and the shield from the Hydro Cannon Super Soaker.
- In most Nerf wars, this is the only kind of shield allowed to block darts. However, rules are up to the one running the war, so this may not be the case in some wars.
- On the box, it showed kids catching darts on the shield. However, this is actually quite difficult to do.
- Depending on when the blaster was produced, different stickers were made. These can usually be identified by looking at the "Manta Ray" sticker on the blaster.
- Combining two blasters into using a single trigger (ie: two Nite Finders) is often referred to as "Manta-ing".
- ↑ NerfCenter.com: Manta Ray (TM). NerfCenter.com.
- ↑ NC Review - Nerf® Manta Ray(TM). NerfCenter.com.
- ↑ Nerf Manta Ray Review | Nerf Toy | Dart Strike. dartstrike.com.
|Max Force blasters|
|1994||Eagle Eye • Rattler • Razorbeast|
|1995||Sawtooth • Iron Raptor • Warthog|
|1996||Gator • Manta Ray • Stinging Scarab • Whiptail Scorpion|