The Mastodon is a fully-automatic flywheel blaster. It has a large, integrated dart drum that can hold up to twenty-four darts at a time. It features the use of a carry handle; it has three tactical rails: two long ones on top of the blaster and a short one below, in front of the drum. There are two strap points, one in front of the top tactical rail and one at the end of the blaster, which the packaged shoulder strap can be clipped onto.
The Mastodon was officially announced in January of 2016, prior to the New York Toy Fair of the same year.
Reloading and firing
To reload the Mastodon, load up to twenty-four darts in its integrated drum.
Hold down the accelerator trigger and pull the firing trigger briefly to fire one dart, or hold the trigger for automatic firing. It may take a moment for the flywheels to come to full speed; firing before that can reduce the dart range.
- The Mastodon is named after the extinct animal of the same name; it was given this name most likely because of its size.
- The Mastodon is the first, and so far only, fully automatic Nerf Mega dart blaster.
- It is similar in appearance to the fictitious blasters featured in the Nerf N-Strike video game series.
- The Mastodon is the largest ever production Nerf blaster, as well as the heaviest blaster ever sold, outweighing even the older Vulcan EBF-25 at 7.8 lbs.
- Even though it was supposed to be a Target exclusive, it was on sale at Wal-Mart for $68.00 before tax for a short period of time.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Paul Mindemann (2016-01-21). Hasbro Provides Details for Stunning New Nerf Blasters. Nerf.About.com.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 LordDraconial (2016-02-14). Toy Fair 2016: Nerf MASTODON (MEGA Full Auto Monster). YouTube.com.
- ↑ Andrew Liszewski (2016-01-21). Nerf's Fall Lineup Includes a Fully Automatic Version of its 70 MPH Rival Blaster. Toyland.Gizmondo.com.
|N-Strike Mega blasters|
|2014||Magnus • Mega Thunderbow|
|2015||BigShock • CycloneShock • RotoFury|
|2016||Lightning Bow • Mastodon|