|This product has been discontinued.
It cannot be purchased in retail stores. The only way to obtain it is through second-hand websites and stores.
Not to be confused with the newer Mega Dart.
There were two different types of Mega Darts despite appearing very similarly. The original version of the dart, referred to as the "Type 1", had a longer range, but was less durable. When blasters started to use compression rings, Nerf switched to a different dart that looked similar. While this dart, dubbed the "Type 2", was similar in appearance, but its range was much more mediocre. The Type 1 Mega Darts were discontinued in July 1997 .
First introduced in 1993, it was one of the very first types of Nerf darts. It was longer and slightly bigger in diameter than a typical Micro Dart. The blasters that fired these darts were very popular in the 1990s and the early 2000s.
It was last used in 1998. The Mega Dart is now discontinued and cannot be purchased in stores.
The Mega Dart was released with the following color schemes:
- Red body and black head
- Yellow body and purple head
- Dark orange body and black head
- Blue body and red head
- Black body and orange head
- Blue body and head
Blasters compatible with Mega Darts
- The Sharpshooter had special Mega Darts packaged with it. These darts had small fins on the end of them, resembling a Target Master Arrow slightly.
- One Mega Dart had the exact same color scheme as the Sonic Micro Dart; this specific Mega Dart was used for Cyber Stryke Gear blasters.
- The consistency of the suction cup of each dart is quite off. A dart may stick one time out of being shot three times head on.
- The Electric Eel came with special glow-in-the-dark Mega Darts.
|Discontinued Nerf ammunition types|
|Darts||Launcher Dart • Mega Dart • Pen Blaster dart • Screamin' Mega Dart • Screamin' Micro Dart • Sharpshooter Dart • Smart Dart • Sonic Jet • Streamline Dart • SuperMAXX Dart • Tagger Micro Dart (Tagger Micro Whistler Dart) • Whistler Dart|
|Other||Arrow • Aero Glider • Ballistic Ball • Bungee Ball • Buzzer Missile • Disc • Foam Disk • Gear Tooth Arrow • Gyro Missile • Hydro Torpedo • Missile • Nerf rocket • Zap Snaps rocket|