Not to be confused with the original Mega Dart.
The Mega Dart differs wildly from older variants; as well as being generally larger than most darts, it sports a bright red color scheme with an orange tip. These darts are also able to whistle through the air. They are advertised to be more stable in achieving claimed ranges. Hasbro claims roughly 60% of darts fired from the Centurion achieved the claimed maximum ranges while the rest fell short. This contrasts with the ranges of blasters that fire Elite Darts, where only a handful of darts reach maximum ranges even when angled.
The Mega Dart is compatible with all blasters in the N-Strike Mega series. Because of their size, they are not compatible with most older Mega Dart blasters, but there are some exceptions, such as the Max Force Sawtooth and the Nerf Action Crossbow.
|This is an official description from Hasbro.com. Please do not modify it. (view this product's listing)|
Get 10 Mega Darts for mega distance! This 10-pack of far-flying darts gives you the ammo you need to get an edge on the battlefield. They work with most N-Strike blasters (sold separately). Ammo up with this Mega Series 10-pack!
Mega Darts were released under the Zombie Strike Z.E.D. Squad sub-series, along with the Magnus, in June 2014. The Zombie Strike variant of the Mega Dart features a new green color scheme to match the series it is under.
The Mega Dart has been released with the following color schemes:
- N-Strike Mega (red body and orange head)
- N-Strike Mega "Deco" version (red body with engraved "MEGA" logo and orange head)
- Z.E.D. Squad (green body and green head)
- Z.E.D. Squad "Deco" version (green body with measurement markings and green head)
- Sonic ICE (blue body and orange head)
Mega Dart refill packs come in the following sizes:
- It is possible to fit an Elite Dart inside of a Mega Dart. However, it will become difficult to remove. Tweezers provide one solution, but simply firing the combined dart out of a compatible blaster can cause the elite dart to protrude enough that it can manually be pulled out.
- If shot at a high enough velocity, the standard Mega Darts will whistle. This is a similarity they share with the older Screamin' Mega Darts.
- The Sonic ICE variant of the Mega dart shares the exact same color scheme as a standard Elite Dart.
|Nerf ammunition typesCurrent|
|Darts||AccuStrike Dart • Alien Menace Dart • Allegiant Dart • BattleCamo Dart • Charmed Dart • Collectible Dart • Doomlands Dart • Elite Dart • GlowStrike Dart • Impact Zone Dart • Mega Dart • Mega AccuStrike Dart • Message Dart • Micro Dart • Star Wars Dart • Suction Dart • Zombie Strike Dart|
|Other||24" arrow • Arrow • Elite Missile • Foam Car • High-Impact Round • Infectizide • Zombie Repellent|
|N-Strike Mega products|
|Mega Dart Refill Pack|
|Z.E.D. Squad products|
|Accessories||2x4 • Chainsaw • Foam Wrench Axe • Hip Blaster Holster • Mega Dart Refill Pack|
|Product sets||Crowbar Combat Kit • Hammer Combat Kit • Magnus 2-Pack|