Not to be confused with the original Mega Dart.
It differs wildly from older variants; as well as being generally larger than most darts, it sports a bright red color scheme with an orange tip. These darts will also be able to whistle through the air. They are advertised to be more stable in achieving claimed ranges. Hasbro claims roughly 60% of darts fired from the Centurion achieved the claimed maximum ranges while the rest fell short. This contrasts with the ranges of blasters that fire Elite Darts, where only a handful of darts reach maximum ranges even when angled.
Mega Darts were released under the Zombie Strike series, along with the Magnus, in June 2014. The Zombie Strike variant of the Mega Dart features a new green color scheme to match the series it is under.
The Mega Dart has been released with the following color schemes:
- Standard (red body and orange head)
- "Nerf MEGA" variant (red body with black "MEGA" markings and orange heads)
- Zombie Strike (green body with black measurement markings and green head)
- Sonic ICE (blue body and orange head)
Mega Dart refill packs will come in the following sizes:
- It is possible to fit an Elite Dart inside of a Mega Dart. It will however, become extremely difficult to remove. Tweezers provide one option, but simply firing the compound dart out of a compatible blaster can force the elite dart out enough so that it can manually be pulled out with minimal damage.
- If shot at a high enough velocity, the standard Mega darts will whistle.
|Nerf ammunition types|
|Darts||Collectible Dart • DoomLands Dart • Elite Dart • Glow-in-the-dark dart • Mega Dart • Micro Dart • Secret Message Dart • Smart Dart • Sonic Micro Dart • Suction Dart (Rebelle) • Whistler Dart • Zombie Strike dart|
|Other||Arrow • Ballistic Ball • Foam round • Mega Missile • Missile • XLR disc|