The Messenger is a small spring-powered blaster. It features a small tactical rail with no gaps on it. It has a similar muzzle to that of the N-Strike Elite Triad EX-3. It also features the use of smart air restrictors that, like the Triad, the Crossfire Bow and the Rough Cut 2x4, fire off darts no matter which barrel they are loaded into. This makes air restrictor removals extremely difficult to achieve with positive results. The barrels have translucent plastic allowing players to see through the plastic to see the messages written on the inserted Secret Message Darts. The handle is not solid plastic and has many small holes in it. As well, in the bottom of the handle an included pen can be inserted. This pen is for writing messages on the Secret Message Darts to be sent to other players.
There is a large Rebelle logo seen on the center of the blaster. It is currently the only blaster to come with a double-barreled message decoder. An aiming reticle can be seen on the top of the blaster to help with accuracy. It advertises a firing range of up to seventy-five feet.
The first prototype mock-up design of the Messenger does not feature the aiming reticle seen on the final production blaster. An early stock image of the Messenger features black plastic in place of the translucent red plastic on the barrels. The handle's logo was also not painted on this variant and the main logo was centered and not on a slant. Some early models are also considerably lighter in color than final production blasters.
The Messenger was discovered alongside the Spylight and Diamondista on the Brazilian toy website HobbyBrinquedos in late January 2014. The name was not completely known at the time due to the fact that the site was using prototype names, hence why the Spylight was titled the "Night Raid". Because of this the Messenger was sometimes referred to as the Message Blaster/Message Launcher during this time. At the time Hasbro would not comment on the three blasters, instead telling fans to wait for the 2014 New York Toy Fair.
The Messenger features a smart air restrictor, thus removal of the air restrictors is impractical. Despite this, the Messenger is a superb choice for entry-level modders due to its simple and straightforward internals. Some mods can be completed on the blaster such as barrel replacements, spring replacements, and seal upgrades. Some owners may also want to wrap the handle; a common criticism of the blaster is that the handle is rather uncomfortable.
Reloading and firing
To reload the Messenger, load a single dart into each of the three barrels. Pull back the priming rod to prime the blaster.
Pull the firing trigger to fire a dart.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Foam From Above (2014-02-17). Foam From Above: Forever At Play - F2A: Nerf New York Toy Fair - Nerf Rebelle!. foamfromabove.blogspot.com.
- ↑ Toys R Us: Nerf Rebelle Messenger. ToysRUs.co.uk
- ↑ Amazon: Nerf Rebelle Messenger Blaster Set. Amazon.com
- ↑ Amazon: Nerf Rebelle Messenger Blaster. Amazon.com
- ↑ IQ Hracky: Hasbro NERF Rebelle Šifrovací pistole Messenger. Iqhracky.cz
- ↑ Time to Play Mag: Nerf Rebelle Messenger from Hasbro. Maker.tv
- ↑ My Last Dart: hobbybrinquedos.com leak 2014 Rebelle blasters?. MyLastDart.com
- ↑ Southern Brisbane Nerf Club: New blasters leaked on Brazillian website (?). SouthernBrisbaneNerfClub.blogspot.ca
- ↑ Prop Weapon Scoop: New Rebelle blasters to appear at New York Toy Fair?. PropWeaponScoop.com
- ↑ Pro Weapon Scoop: New Nerf Rebelle blasters for 2014 – Product shots. ProWeaponScoop.com
- ↑ Basic Nerf: Nerf Rebelle Spylight Already Released? Plus Spylight & Messenger Box Art & Promo Shots on Amazon Canada. BasicNerf.com
- ↑ LordDraconical: The ULTIMATE Nerf Rebelle Messenger Mod Guide (Brass Barrels, Spring and Seal upgrades). YouTube.com
|Secrets and Spies blasters|
|2014||Agent Bow • Diamondista • Messenger • Rapid Red • Spylight|
|2015||4Victory • Arrow Revolution Bow • Mini Mischief • Secret Shot • Slingback • Strongheart Bow|