|Wiki||About this wiki|
Guidelines and rules
Code of Conduct
Administrators and staff
Manual of Style
Before contributing to the Nerf Wiki, it is suggested that new users and editors read the wiki guidelines.
- Contribute only articles about Nerf products, off-brand dart blasters, Super Soakers, or modification information for dart blasters.
- Do not insert false information into pages or delete information from articles.
- Please sign your messages to other users on talk pages and forum posts with ~~~~ or use the signature button. Do not sign on article pages.
- For adding to the Nerfer pages, see the articles in question for rules.
- For adding or editing product reviews, see Nerf Wiki:Reviewing.
- For additional rules and how pages should be set up, see Nerf Wiki:Manual of Style.
For more rules related to etiquette, see the Code of Conduct.
- Do not add inappropriate content to this wiki. This includes swearing and threatening other users.
- Do not create sockpuppet or backup accounts.
- Only edit your own userspace. Please note that your userspace is not your primary contribution to this wiki. Your userspace is designed for you to give some information about yourself and to list your contributions.
- Assume good faith. Try to consider that the other person is actually thinking and attempting to positively contribute to the encyclopedia.
- If there are changes that you disagree with, please post your concerns in the talk page before you revert. This will help both sides come to an agreement.
- Decent edit summaries with clear and transparent explanations are universally appreciated. Other editors need to understand your thinking process, and it also helps you yourself to understand what you did after a long leave of absence from an article. Please state what you changed and why. If the explanation is too long, add more on the discussion page.
An article page for newly discovered rumors and/or leaked information will not be created until its officially confirmed by a reliable source; any pages created regarding such rumor will be immediately deleted. Instead, a forum page for the rumored product will be created and redirected through the article's namespace.
Once a rumor is confirmed, administrators will create a page for the new product with the information on the forum post. Any officially announced information will be closely anayzed and once the information is anayzed, it will be added to the page. This is to prevent minor details from being left out of the page. In addition, adding a bunch of information, images or templates will not make the page legitimate. When giving references, please reference one of the reliable sources below.
In addition to external links to confirmed information, the following is a list of reliable sources that are suggested as use for references on the site. All information in the blaster articles comes from officially released information, stock images and YouTube reviews. Information that will be automatically approved must come from one of the sources below.
Community blogs should only be referenced if there is cancelled information, different value packs or indirect official information from Nerf, such as emails, launch party information, press release kits, etc.
- Buzz Bee Toys' official website
- Buzz Bee Toys product listing
- Lanard Toys' official website
- Lanard Toy's official Facebook page
- X-Shot's Facebook page: X-Shot
- Foam From Above, Adult Fans of Nerf, Basic Nerf, Click Click Bamf, MyLastDart. and About Nerf (formerly BlasterLabs)
These blogs and sites are officially recognized by Nerf and Hasbro. They are sent information regarding new products, launch parties, press release kits, etc. They may be considered the most official of the Nerf community blogs due to their connections to Hasbro.