|Blaster type||Single-fire automatic electronic disc blaster (flywheel)|
|Stock ammunition type||XLR discs|
|Stock capacity||20 (magazine)|
|Average retail price||39.99 USD|
The Nitron is an electronic automatic blaster; it uses a flywheel system similar to the Barricade RV-10 and the Hail-Fire to fire discs. Built into the front of the blaster is a foregrip, which is unmovable. On top of the blaster is a tactical rail, where the scope is normally placed. It can hold another ten or twenty disc magazine in its integrated shoulder stock. It is considered the flagship of the Vortex series.
To unjam the Nitron, the magazine must first be removed. Then the user must pull back on the disc eject switch on top of the blaster. The jammed disc will then fall out of where the magazine is normally placed.
Reloading and firing
To reload the Nitron, press the clip release button to remove any loaded clips in the blaster. Load up to twenty discs into the provided twenty disc magazine, press the clip release button and load the clip into the blaster.
To fire, hold down the acceleration trigger and wait for the blaster to charge up. To achieve maximum range and maintain that range, the user may need to wait for the flywheels to charge up. Pulling the firing trigger launches the discs.
- On February 29th, 2012 Nerf Mods & Reviews received a picture of a Nitron with a tactical rail shield by an unknown fan.  This version of the Nitron was never released.
- The Nitron was the first Nerf blaster to feature an acceleration trigger.
- The Nitron is the only blaster from the first Vortex lineup not to be redesigned or re-released with a different color scheme.
- The Nitron is the first Vortex blaster that runs on batteries.
- ↑ SG Nerf: Singapore Nerf Stock List. SGNerf.blogspot.ca
- ↑ Urban Taggers (2012-03-01). Urban Taggers.:Rumours: Nerf Vortex Nitron with shield. urbantaggers.blogspot.com.
- Nitron instructions on the Hasbro website
|2011||Nitron • Praxis • Proton • Vigilon|
|2012||Lumitron (Light It Up) • Pyragon|
|2013||Diatron • Revonix360|