|Blaster type||Single-fire/slam fire disc blaster (torsion spring)|
|Stock ammunition type||XLR discs|
|Stock capacity||40 (drum)|
|Average retail price||39.99 USD|
It was a Toys "R" Us exclusive in Hong Kong.
The Pyragon is the first Vortex blaster that is able to slam fire. It is compatible with all disc magazines. One tactical rail is located on the top of the blaster. It is also compatible with shoulder stocks.
The Pyragon has been released with the following color schemes:
- Vortex alternate (white, gray, and orange)
- Upcoming re-release (white, gray, orange, and green)
Reloading and firingEdit
To reload the Pyragon, press the magazine release button to remove any loaded drums in the blaster. Load up to forty discs into the packaged forty disc drum. Pull the slam fire handle back, press the magazine release button and load in the packaged forty disc drum. Push the slam fire handle forward to prime the blaster. Pull the trigger once to fire a disc.
To slam fire, pull and hold down the trigger and move the slam fire handle back and forward repeatedly.
|Firing range||10/10||The Pyragon has an excellent range of sixty to seventy feet, which is higher than what most Vortex blasters are capable of. Better yet, the Pyragon does not lose range when slam firing.|
|Accuracy||8/10||Like all other Vortex blasters, the discs that the Pyragon fires curve off to the right when first fired, then curve back to the left. However, it is easy to adjust for as the Pyragon does this consistently.|
|Reliability||9/10||The Pyragon very rarely jams. Although if the trigger is pulled slowly, it will lose accuracy. When rotating between the inner chambers of the forty disc drum, a disc may pop out occasionally.|
|Rate of fire||10/10||The Pyragon has an astounding rate of fire. It unleashes four to five discs a second, which is fast even compared to other slam firing blasters. It was also proven to shoot all forty discs in 8.1 seconds.|
|Capacity||10/10||The Pyragon features a forty disc drum, which is the largest stock ammo capacity ever released.|
|9.4/10||The Pyragon is a great blaster, with its high rate of fire, power and large capacity being definite advantages. It is easily regarded as the best Vortex blaster, beating out the Praxis as the new fan favorite.|
- The name "Pyragon" may have come from the word "paragon" meaning "a person or thing regarded as a model of excellence", which fits this blaster's performance, and the word "pyro", meaning fire. This matches the Pyragon's orange and white color scheme.
- It has the highest capacity ammo storage for any Vortex blaster and the first drum to use XLR discs.
- When first announced, it was assumed it was a reshelled Praxis. This was proved wrong when more information was released.
- The Retaliator shoulder stock is not compatible with this blaster.
- It is possible to load a total of forty-two discs without modification or damage by loading and chambering one disc, ejecting the drum, then loading the drum again with forty-one discs.
- ↑ Nerf Nation (2012-07-16). Wall Photos. Facebook.com.
- ↑ Randomshadow09 (2012-06-21). Nerf Vortex Pyragon - Range Test (Stock) - YouTube. YouTube.com.
- ↑ Nerf (2012-07-31). Nerf Vortex Pyragon - Speed Test - YouTube. YouTube.com.
- ↑ Basic Nerf (2011-08-11). The N-Strike Elite Retaliator Stock does not fit on the Vortex Pyragon (Photos) « Basic Nerf. basicnerf.wordpress.com.
|Regular blasters||Diatron • Nitron • Praxis • Proton • Pyragon • Revonix360 • Vigilon|
|Special blasters||Lumitron (Light It Up)|