|This product has been discontinued.
It cannot be purchased in retail stores. The only way to obtain it is through second-hand websites and stores.
It comes with the largest dart drum yet; the thirty-five dart drum. It is able to slam fire its darts and the blaster is advertised as being able to do so at incredible speeds. It is also compatible with clips.
On the side opposite the drum, there is an orange jam door that allows users to remove jammed darts. An extra dart can be placed in the bottom of the trigger handle. It has two tactical rails for mounting accessories; both are located in tandem atop the blaster.
The Raider has a side-loading clip system which may be uncomfortable if the user has an eighteen-dart clip. Removing the magazine may require more practice than for other blasters. Furthermore, the large drum can block users' view somewhat if they are firing from the shoulder.
There is a priming indicator in the rear mounting nub for shoulder stocks. However, it is obscured when a stock is attached.
The Raider CS-35 was the first blaster in the N-Strike series to have a special release date. It was the first blaster to have a release campaign for September 9th, which featured the tagline of "the Nerf raid begins". Special releases on September 9th continued to be a Nerf tradition, with the release of the Stampede ECS in 2010 and the Hail-Fire in 2012; the Vortex series was also released on September 10th, 2011, a day after Nerf's special release date.
The Raider has been released with the following color schemes:
- N-Strike (blue, black, gray, and orange)
- Clear Series (clear plastic and orange)
- Gear Up (orange, black, and gray)
The Raider CS-35 is usually disliked in modifying communities due to its reverse plunger system. Orange Mod Works has released two special mod kits for the Raider: a Stage 1 package with a stronger spring and a "starter" Massacre Kit, with polycarbonate replacement parts.
Toys "R" Us features a bonus pack of the Raider which included two thirty-five dart drums and seventy darts. Another bundle was released with two drums, a carrying strap, and one hundred darts.
In 2011, the bonus pack was re-released with Nerf's new box colors, but only as a promotion at Toys "R" Us for one week.
Reloading and firing
To reload the Raider, pull the priming handle back and press the large orange clip release button on the side to remove any loaded drums or clips. Load darts into the drum or clip and and load the magazine back into the blaster. Push the priming handle forward.
Pull the trigger to fire the blaster. In order to slam fire, hold the trigger down while repeatedly cycling the priming handle.
- The Raider is the Nerf blaster with the most special value packs released for it.
- The Raider is featured as a blaster in Nerf N-Strike Elite.
- This blaster was first available in Australia.
- It is the only N-Strike slam fire blaster to come with a detachable shoulder stock, despite several other slam-fire models having rear attachment points.
- This is one of only two blasters (the other being the Longshot CS-6) that are not available in the Sonic Series, but are available in another color sub-series.
- The Raider is more comfortable for right-handed people because they can rest the drum on their left arm.
- Its color scheme is very similar to the 2010 Longstrike CS-6's color scheme.
|The full image gallery for Raider Rapid Fire CS-35 may be viewed at Raider Rapid Fire CS-35/Gallery.|
- Raider CS-35 instructions on the Hasbro website
|Clip system blasters|
|N-Strike||Alpha Trooper CS-18 • Deploy CS-6 • Longshot CS-6 • Longstrike CS-6 • Raider Rapid Fire CS-35 • Rayven CS-18 • Recon CS-6 • Stampede ECS|
|N-Strike Elite||Alpha Trooper CS-6 • Alpha Trooper CS-12 • Cam ECS-12 • CrossBolt • Demolisher 2-In-1 • Hail-Fire • HyperFire • Rampage • Rayven CS-18 • Rayven Stinger • Rayvenfire • Retaliator • Rhino-Fire • Stryfe|
|N-Strike Modulus||Modulus ECS-10 • Recon MKII • Regulator • Tri-Strike|
|Other Nerf blasters||Allegiant Blaster • Captain Cassian Andor Deluxe Blaster • Double-Dealer • Desolator • First Order Stormtrooper Deluxe Blaster • Rapid Red • RaptorStrike • Sergeant Jyn Erso Deluxe Blaster • SlingFire|
|Non-Nerf blasters||Brute • Champion • Sentinel • Snipe|