The Recon MKII is a clip system blaster advertised as being a "4-in-1" blaster, due to its included accessories. It has two tactical rails: one on the slide and one on the right side of the blaster. There is also a rail on the underside of the barrel extension that, depending on the version, may or may not be functional.
It advertises a firing range of up to ninety feet.
|This is an official description from Hasbro.com. Please do not modify it. (view this product's listing)|
Kids can build their own blaster for each mission or battle with the Nerf Modulus Recon MKII blaster from Hasbro! Customize the blaster with the stock and barrel extension to create 4 different versions of the blaster. Whether it's a stealth operation, close quarters battle, or long-range targeting, the Recon MKII blaster can be configured for the next Nerf mission. Load the blaster with the 6-dart clip and head into action. The Recon MKII blaster fires darts up to 90 feet (27 meters). Expand the customizing options with Nerf Modulus Upgrade Kits (each sold separately); with the full Nerf Modulus system, over 1000 different combinations are possible!
The Recon MKII originally suffered from a design flaw where, because of the handguard in front of the handle, the Recon MKII only accepted six dart clips, twelve dart clips and Flip Clips. Banana clips and eighteen dart clips fit in but could not be securely locked due to a protruding section that was blocked by the handguard. All drums excluding the thirty-five dart drum had even larger protruding sections that made it impossible for them to fit at all. However this problem was later corrected when Hasbro addressed the issue and released a fixed version.
Reloading and firing
To reload the Recon, move the priming slide back and press the clip release button to remove any empty clips from the blaster. Load up to six Elite Darts into the packaged clip, then load the filled clip into the blaster. Move the priming slide forward to prime the blaster.
Pull the trigger to fire a dart.
- Due to its appearance, priming mechanism, and name, the Recon MKII is a probably a successor to the N-Strike Recon CS-6 and the N-Strike Elite Retaliator.
- There are a couple of small differences between the older blaster core that was recalled and the newer core replacing that can be used to determine the version.
- It had been previously believed that new cores only came with barrel extensions where the tactical rail was ribbed to prevent use with attachments while old cores' barrel extensions did not have this ribbing. However some old blasters have been found packaged with this ribbing and likewise some new blasters have been found packaged without it, so the ribbing on the barrel extension can not be used to tell the version of the core.
- The front of the old core has a small protrusion near the bottom with a five-dot "dice" pattern on each side. This prevented attaching tall barrel extensions, such as the Mega Dart Barrel Extension from the Tri-Strike, to the Recon MKII. The new core has this protrusion removed to give the core a flat front.
- The new core has a sloped groove on the back of clip well to accept protrusions from larger clips and the sides of the well near the back have been straightened to accommodate the wider protrusions of drums. The old core has no groove and the sides bend towards each other towards the back.
- The hand guard on the new core is narrower to provide additional space for protrusions from larger clips. This creates a noticeably shorter sloped section at the bottom of the hand guard.
|The full image gallery for Recon MKII may be viewed at Recon MKII/Gallery.|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Paul Mindemann (2015-10-19). New Nerf Products Outed by Online Retailer. BlasterLabs.com.
- ↑ NERF Official (2016-04-04). NERF - 'Modulus Recon MKII' Blaster Files: Inspiration. YouTube.com.
|N-Strike Modulus blasters|
|2015||Modulus ECS-10 • Blaster Stock|
|2016||Battlescout ICS-10 • Grip Blaster • IonFire • Recon MKII • Tri-Strike|
|2017||BarrelStrike • Regulator • StockShot|
|2018||Mediator • Mediator Barrel • Mediator Stock blaster|
|Clip system blasters|
|N-Strike||Alpha Trooper CS-18 • Deploy CS-6 • Longshot CS-6 • Longstrike CS-6 • Raider Rapid Fire CS-35 • Rayven CS-18 • Recon CS-6 • Stampede ECS|
|N-Strike Elite||Alpha Trooper CS-6 • Alpha Trooper CS-12 • Cam ECS-12 • CrossBolt • Delta Trooper • Demolisher 2-In-1 • Hail-Fire • HyperFire • Infinus • Rampage • Rayven CS-18 • Rayven Stinger • RayvenFire • Retaliator • Rhino-Fire • Stryfe • Stryfe CQ-10|
|N-Strike Modulus||Evader • Mediator • Modulus ECS-10 • Recon MKII • Regulator • Tri-Strike|
|Zombie Strike||RevReaper • Scravenger • SlingFire|
|Other Nerf blasters||AccuTrooper • Allegiant Blaster • Captain Cassian Andor (Eadu) Deluxe Blaster • Desolator • Double Dealer • First Order Stormtrooper Deluxe Blaster • First Order Stormtrooper Deluxe Blaster (GlowStrike) • Rapid Red • RaptorStrike • Sergeant Jyn Erso Deluxe Blaster • StratoHawk|
|Non-Nerf blasters||Brute • Champion • Sentinel • Snipe|