|Blaster type||Single fire dart blaster (direct plunger)|
|Stock ammunition type||Elite Darts|
|Stock capacity||12 (clip)|
|Size||26" (66.04cm) long fully assembled|
13" (33.02cm) long without accessories
|Weight||1.5 lb (0.6kg) fully assembled|
0.85 lb (0.39kg) (blaster alone)
|Average retail price||24.99 USD|
It features one tactical rail on the priming slide. However, when the supplied barrel extension is attached to the blaster, there are two additional tactical rails; one on top and one below the barrel. It also has a clip point on the handle of the blaster for use with a strap or another carrying accessories, as well as room for a spare dart in the handle. At the end of the blaster and on the stock attachment area, there is a priming indicator. On the end of the barrel there is also a flip up sight.
The Retaliator is a direct successor to the 2008 N-Strike Recon CS-6. The barrel extension is the exact same as the N-Strike Recon CS-6 and is just recolored in blue, white, and orange for the N-Strike Elite version.
The Retaliator has been released with the following color schemes:
- N-Strike Elite standard (blue, white, and orange)
- N-Strike Elite running change "economy" variant (same plastic colors as the standard version, but sporting considerably fewer paint operations). The Retaliator variants can be easily told apart from the packaging: The original version depicts an older Nerf model, the newer version a younger Nerf model. The blaster depicted on the original version's packaging sports prototype colors, whereas later shipments of the "economy" version's packaging depicts a blaster sporting a deco with varying degrees of accuracy to the actual product. However, there is also an interim version depicting a younger Nerf model and prototype colors for the blaster. In addition, the "economy" version is also included in the European release of the Rapid Strike Mission Kit.
- Sonic ICE (clear blue, white, and orange)
- Elite XD version (white, blue, grey, and orange)
The Retaliator (sans accessories) is included in the Rapid Strike Mission Kit, along with two eighteen dart clips and thirty-six darts. The European release of the Rapid Strike Mission Kit features a Retaliator with considerably fewer paint operations than all other releases.
Reloading and firing
To reload the Retaliator, move the priming slide back and press the clip release button to remove any empty clips from the blaster. Load up to twelve Elite Darts into the packaged clip. While holding down the clip release button, load the packaged clip into the blaster. Move the priming slide forward to prime the blaster.
Pull the trigger to fire a dart.
When assembling and disassembling the Retaliator the barrel extension can be extremely hard to remove from the Retaliator's main section in some models. To remove the barrel extension from the body, twist it clockwise until you hear a loud click. After twisting clockwise and hearing the click simply pull the barrel extension away from the body of the Retaliator. To reattach the barrel extension, line up the dips in the Retaliator's barrel and the protrusions in the rear opening of the barrel extender. Once they line up, slide the barrel extension back. Then twist counterclockwise until you hear a loud click and the barrel extension is firmly attached to the Retaliator's main body.
- The Retaliator, Stryfe, the N-Strike Elite Spectre REV-5, the RapidStrike CS-18, the N-Strike Elite Rayven CS-18, and the Demolisher 2-In-1 are currently the only blasters in the N-Strike Elite series to be able to use barrel extensions.
|The full image gallery for Retaliator may be viewed at Retaliator/Gallery.|
|N-Strike Elite blasters|
|2012||Hail-Fire • Rampage • Retaliator (Elite XD) • Stockade|
|2013||Alpha Trooper CS-12 • Firestrike • RapidStrike CS-18 (Elite XD)|
Rayven CS-18 • Rayven Stinger • Rough Cut 2x4 • Spectre REV-5
Strongarm • Stryfe • Triad EX-3
|2014||Cam ECS-12 • Demolisher 2-In-1 • Rhino-Fire|
|Clip system blasters|
|N-Strike||Alpha Trooper CS-18 • Deploy CS-6 • Longshot CS-6 • Longstrike CS-6|
Raider Rapid Fire CS-35 • Rayven CS-18 • Recon CS-6 • Stampede ECS
|N-Strike Elite||Alpha Trooper CS-12 • Cam ECS-12 • CrossBolt • Demolisher 2-In-1|
Hail-Fire • Rampage • Rayven CS-18 • Rayven Stinger • Retaliator
Rhino-Fire • Stryfe
|Other||Rapid Red • Slingfire|
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found