The Retaliator features one tactical rail on the priming slide. However, when the included barrel extension is attached to the blaster, there are two additional tactical rails on top and below the barrel. It also has sling attachment point on the handle for use with carrying accessories, as well as room for one spare dart in the handle. At the end of the blaster and on the stock attachment area, there is a priming indicator. On the end of the barrel extension there is also a flip up sight.
The Retaliator is a direct successor to the 2008 N-Strike Recon CS-6. The barrel extension is the exact same as the N-Strike Recon CS-6 and is just recolored in blue, white, and orange for the N-Strike Elite version.
The Retaliator has been released with the following color schemes:
- N-Strike Elite (blue, white, black, gray, and orange)
- N-Strike Elite running change "economy" variant (same plastic colors as the standard version, but sporting considerably fewer paint operations)
- Sonic ICE (clear blue, white, black, gray, and orange)
- Elite XD (white, blue, black, gray, and orange)
The Retaliator, without its accessories, is included in the Rapid Strike Mission Kit, along with two eighteen dart clips and thirty-six darts. The European release of the Rapid Strike Mission Kit features an "economy" Retaliator with considerably fewer paint operations than all other releases. There is also a Double Your Darts value pack including the "economy" version of the Retaliator and twenty-four darts.
Reloading and firing
To reload the Retaliator, move the priming slide back and press the clip release button to remove any empty clips from the blaster. Load up to twelve Elite Darts into the packaged clip, then load the filled clip into the blaster. Move the priming slide forward to prime the blaster.
Pull the trigger to fire a dart.
- Some have reported that the Retaliator the barrel extension can be extremely hard to remove from the Retaliator's main section in some models.
- The standard and "economy" Retaliator variants can be easily told apart from the packaging. The original version depicts an older Nerf model, while the newer version a younger Nerf model. The blaster depicted on the original version's packaging sports prototype colors, whereas later shipments of the "economy" version's packaging depicts a blaster sporting a deco with varying degrees of accuracy to the actual product. However, there is also an interim version depicting a younger Nerf model and prototype colors for the blaster. In addition, the "economy" version is also included in the European release of the Rapid Strike Mission kit.
- The shoulder stock included with the Demolisher 2-In-1 will not fit on the blaster. This is due to the fact that the Demolisher stock does not have space to accommodate the extended plunger tube.
- For older Nerfers, the Retaliator stock may be a little uncomfortable due to short length.
- Some find that the overhand priming slide negates the intended comfort of the included Assault Grip, since repeatedly moving one's hand back and forth between shots is unergonomic and unstable. To counteract this, several third-party vendors since 2016 have devised underhand pump grip kits which mimic the Alpha Trooper. These allow the hand to both support and prime the blaster without having to change position.
- The barrel extension of the Retaliator is popular for integrating an underbarrel Rough Cut 2x4 as a master key.
|The full image gallery for Retaliator may be viewed at Retaliator/Gallery.|
- ↑ Outback Nerf: How Fast Can It Be Emptied - Nerf Elite Retaliator. YouTube.com
- ↑ SG Nerf (2012-07-19). SG Nerf: Nerf N-Strike Elite Retaliator - Review!. SGNerf.blogspot.ca
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Randomshadow09 (2012-06-06). Nerf N-Strike Elite Retaliator - Range Test (Stock). YouTube.com.
|N-Strike Elite blasters|
|2012||Hail-Fire • Rampage (Elite XD) • Retaliator (Elite XD) • Stockade (Elite XD)|
|2013||Alpha Trooper CS-12 • Firestrike (Elite XD) • RapidStrike CS-18 (Elite XD) • Rayven CS-18 • Rayven Stinger • Spectre REV-5 • Strongarm (Elite XD) • Stryfe (Elite XD) • Triad EX-3 (Elite XD)|
|2014||Cam ECS-12 • Demolisher 2-In-1 • Rhino-Fire • Rough Cut 2x4 • Sidestrike|
|2015||Alpha Trooper CS-6 • CrossBolt • Jolt • SplitStrike|
|2016||BowStrike • Dual-Strike • HyperFire • PocketStrike • SharpFire • SnapFire • StratoBow|
|2017||Disruptor • RayvenFire|
|Clip system blasters|
|N-Strike||Alpha Trooper CS-18 • Deploy CS-6 • Longshot CS-6 • Longstrike CS-6 • Raider Rapid Fire CS-35 • Rayven CS-18 • Recon CS-6 • Stampede ECS|
|N-Strike Elite||Alpha Trooper CS-6 • Alpha Trooper CS-12 • Cam ECS-12 • CrossBolt • Demolisher 2-In-1 • Hail-Fire • HyperFire • Rampage • Rayven CS-18 • Rayven Stinger • RayvenFire • Retaliator • Rhino-Fire • Stryfe|
|N-Strike Modulus||Mediator • Modulus ECS-10 • Recon MKII • Regulator • Tri-Strike|
|Zombie Strike||RevReaper • SlingFire|
|Other Nerf blasters||Allegiant Blaster • Captain Cassian Andor Deluxe Blaster • Double Dealer • Desolator • First Order Stormtrooper Deluxe Blaster • Rapid Red • RaptorStrike • Sergeant Jyn Erso Deluxe Blaster • First Order Stormtrooper Deluxe Blaster|
|Non-Nerf blasters||Brute • Champion • Sentinel • Snipe|