It comes packaged with eight Elite Darts and instructions.
The Rough Cut is a blaster that is able to fire two darts at the same time, much like the Barrel Break IX-2 or the Diatron. It features one long tactical rail on the top of the blaster. It also has two points for a sling or bandolier to be attached: one at the end of the blaster and one at the end of the blaster's handle.
The Rough Cut was first announced as the Ruff Cut in a Wired.com article about the N-Strike Elite series.
The Rough Cut is regarded as a successor to the Barrel Break IX-2, as both blasters have the ability to fire two darts simultaneously or a single shot by a half pull of the trigger and share similar design characteristics.
The Rough Cut has been released with the following color schemes:
- N-Strike Elite standard (blue, orange, and white)
- N-Strike Elite alternate (white, grey, and orange)
- Rough Cut 2x4 2-Pack (green, gray, black, and orange)
- Rough Cut 2x4 2-Pack (orange, gray, and black)
A bonus pack is available at Toys "R" Us; it comes packaged with eight extra Elite Darts. Walmart also has a value pack that comes with an extra sixteen darts and a bandolier strap.
Two are included in the Rough Cut 2x4 2-Pack.
Reloading and firing
To reload the Rough Cut 2x4, load in up to eight darts into the muzzle of the blaster and pump the blaster to prime it. Pull the trigger all the way back to launch a pair of darts. Pull the trigger partially to launch one dart.
To slam fire, hold down the trigger and continuously prime the blaster.
Like the Strongarm, this blaster doesn't work with Streamline Darts due to the long rubber post inside the darts.
- It is the only N-Strike Elite blaster so far to fire multiple darts at once.
- The name Rough Cut 2x4 is referencing its two-column by four-row barrel configuration, while the name "Rough Cut" is a play on words. In woodworking, the first cut into a plank of wood is called the "Rough Cut", and a "2x4" is a certain cut of wood.
- The name may also be a reference to the barrel being "cut" on many sawed off shotguns, as the Rough Cut has no barrels to speak of.
- The Multishot Madness branding is not present on the packaging of European or Canadian releases.
- It is so far the only blaster that can fire multiple darts at once and slam fire.
- There is a chance that the air restrictor, after firing, won't pop back out.
- The handgrip sometimes get stuck in the middle, which can be fixed just by pulling it back hard.
- Sometimes, it fires two or three darts with single fire and three or four with multi fire.
- Well-worn darts will not work in the Rough Cut because they get pushed out of the barrels again by the plungers of the dart-selection system.
- The gears of the pump action are standard gears with module 1-sized teeth. The smaller gear has fourteen teeth and a 2.5mm axle.
- The Rough Cut is assembled with two lengths of screws. The three shorter ones go into the holes of the front sight and both holes in the tactical rail.
- The re-release Rough Cut has the same packaging style as the Strongarm.
|The full image gallery for Rough Cut 2x4 may be viewed at Rough Cut 2x4/Gallery.|
- ↑ Americanas: Lança Dardo Nerf El Roughcut. Americanas.com
- ↑ Jason Fagone (2012-09-08). How Nerf Became the World's Best Purveyor of Big Guns for Kids | Wired Design | Wired.com. Wired.com.
|N-Strike Elite blasters|
|2012||Hail-Fire • Rampage • Retaliator (Elite XD) • Stockade|
|2013||Alpha Trooper CS-12 • Firestrike • RapidStrike CS-18 (Elite XD) • Rayven CS-18 • Rayven Stinger • Rough Cut 2x4 • Spectre REV-5 • Strongarm • Stryfe • Triad EX-3|
|2014||Cam ECS-12 • Demolisher 2-In-1 • Rhino-Fire|