It comes packaged with thirty Micro Darts, two connector pieces, and one thirty dart drum. Side Winders released under the Ultra-Tek sub-series come packaged with Long Distance Darts instead of Micro Darts.
The Side Winder is a blaster that uses a variation of slam fire to fire. It comes with a removable thirty dart drum which is currently not compatible with any other blasters. The drum itself features no air restrictors, an advantage rarely seen with ammunition-containing accessories. While it may appear to have a firing trigger, the trigger itself is non-functional and is instead a false trigger; while not highly noticeable on the green color scheme of the blaster, this is very evident on the blue color scheme variant. It bears a strong resemblance to a Nerf Raider Rapid Fire CS-35, although it is a much thinner blaster in comparison. A jam door is found on the left side of the blaster to help in the event of a jam.
This blaster is the largest blaster out of Buzz Bee's 2013 line. It advertises to be able to fire up to thirty feet. An interesting feature of the blaster is its firing mechanism, which does not rely on spring or air power to fire. Instead, the priming mechanism also acts as a plunger, and upon reaching the farthest back position, the Side Winder will fire.
The title Side Winder had been trademarked by Buzz Bee Toys in August of 2013. Despite this, it had been previously seen in July of 2013. The pre-production version of the blue Side Winder was initially seen with a blue trigger, while in the final production blaster it was orange.
This blaster was spotted in a green color scheme sometime in 2014. This particular variant (and all re-releases onward) renamed the blaster to Sidewinder, removing the added space seen with the original blue variant.
The Side Winder has been released with the following color schemes:
- Air Warriors Side Winder (blue, silver, and orange)
- Air Warriors Sidewinder (green, yellow, and orange)
- Ultra-Tek Sidewinder (gray, blue, and orange)
- Ultra-Tek Sidewinder (blue, yellow, and orange)
Reloading and firing
To reload the Side Winder, simply insert thirty darts into the included drum. Load the drum into the right side of the blaster when finished.
Pull the firing mechanism back as quick as possible to fire a dart.
- The Side Winder has one of the highest capacities out of all blasters produced by Buzz Bee Toys.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Buffdaddy Nerf: Buzz Bee Sidewinder Review and Thoughts. BuffdaddyNerf.blogspot.ca
- ↑ Buzz Bee Toys: Air Warriors Sidewinder. BuzzBeeToys.com
- ↑ Justia Trademarks: Sidewinder - Trademark Details. Trademarks.Justia.com
- ↑ Urban Taggers: Buzzbee Side winder : That's... some firepower.. UrbanTaggers.blogspot.ca
|Air Warriors blasters|
|Air Tek 8 • Automatic 20 • Auto Tek 20 • Belt Blaster • Berserker • Blow Blaster • Cougar • Double Shot • GunSmoke • Hawk • Hunter • Jaguar • Maniac • Mech 12 • Overlord • Predator • RADS 12 • Rogue • Side Winder • Sonic 6 • Surge 6 • Surge 10 • Tek 3 • Tek 4 • Tek 5 • Tek 6 • Tek 10 • Torrent • Turbo 12 • Vampire Hunter|