|This product has been discontinued, but may still be in limited stock in retail stores.
The SledgeFire is a multi-shot blaster that fires three darts at once from a single shell using a large shared plunger tube. Where the N-Strike Elite Rough Cut 2x4 exceeds the Barrel Break IX-2, which fires darts in pairs, the SledgeFire takes the Barrel Break's breechloading and improves the size of the volley, making it more like the N-Strike Hornet AS-6. Like any scatter-shot blaster, the SledgeFire is much more accurate at closer range, but will fire a respectable distance.
The SledgeFire features a single tactical rail on the top of the blaster, as well as an integrated shoulder stock that stores three shells. It has two strap points for a sling or a Bandolier Strap; one above the blaster's muzzle and one on the bottom of the integrated shoulder stock. This blaster bears the "Z-Strike" logo on the receiver.
|This is an official description from Hasbro.com. Please do not modify it. (view this product's listing)|
Unleash a triple strike at the zombies with this hardcore Sledgefire Blaster! Load 3 darts into each of your reloadable shells, and crack the blaster's barrel to reload. Stay loaded with the blaster's ammo storage compartment! The undead won't stand a chance when you hit the streets with the Sledgefire blaster!
In August 2015 a photo was discovered of the prototype SledgeFire, known as the "Boomer Nova". The "Boomer Nova" has the series title on the blaster, however it instead reads "Zombie Hunter" instead of Zombie Strike. This means that at one point in the pre-production stage, Zombie Strike was originally known as "Zombie Hunter". The title "Boomer" is written on the bottom of the blaster as well as an early Zombie Strike logo, featuring a "Z" with a green sphere surrounding it. The Boomer Nova is also very close to the production SledgeFire, indicating that the name was changed fairly late into development; the Boomer Nova still has the seven tally marks. However, the Boomer Nova has a different shoulder stock, this shoulder stock is seen with only two shells, and the shells are collapsed all the way to the bottom. The shells also bear a different look, as they are square.
Modification of the SledgeFire is rather simple; some users may choose to replace the shells with a rear-loading single-fire shell, as this can allow for a further range. Other times, users may choose to remove the stock, but this could only be done if the blaster is taken apart. Although this makes the SledgeFire smaller, it makes reloading harder; to counter this, users may choose to add a 3D-printed tactical rail accessory that can hold three shells. Users may also choose to replace the ejection spring in the barrel with a stronger one, allowing the shell to eject all the way out.
Reloading and firing
To reload the SledgeFire, break the barrel all the way open (priming the blaster in the process), remove any empty shells present, load a full shell into the blaster, and close the barrel.
Pull the firing trigger to fire all three darts.
The SledgeFire can fire any variant of Elite Dart, as well as AccuStrike Darts. No other darts work in this blaster, as Tagger Micro Darts, Whistler Darts, Micro Darts and Streamline Darts will not collapse all the way into the shells, and thus will not fire because the air restrictors will not be pushed back.
- It can effectively be thought of as a successor to the Barrel Break IX-2.
- Unlike the Barrel Break IX-2, the SledgeFire must fire all three darts at once, as it does not have a multi-step trigger.
- On top of this, if the stock is removed, the blaster is roughly the same size as the Barrel Break IX-2.
- The SledgeFire can technically carry a total of four shells, with three in the stock and one loaded in the blaster. However, if the user does not choose to eject the shells by removing them and throwing them out, and lacks a spare pocket, this can make reloading slightly more difficult.
- Much like the Z-Bat, it has tally marks on the side.
- It has a total seven tally marks on the right side of the blaster.
- It is the only Nerf blaster to date that requires the use of shells.
- The SledgeFire uses air restrictors that have one prong rather than three. This increases air flow to the dart.
- ↑ Clip Art Sheep: Nerf Elite Zombie Strike Shotgun Boomer Nova Hasbro. ClipArtSheep.com