|Blaster type||Shell-loaded multi-fire dart blaster|
|Stock ammunition type||Zombie Strike darts|
|Average retail price||27.99 USD|
The Sledgefire features a single tactical rail on the top of the blaster, as well as an integrated shoulder stock which stores three shells. It has two strap points for a sling or bandolier: one above the blaster's muzzle and one on the bottom of the integrated shoulder stock. This blaster bears the Z-Strike logo on the receiver.
It is a multi-shot blaster that has the ability to fire three darts at once--instead of firing two darts from two separate pistons that must be loaded individually. The Sledgefire fires the darts from a single shell using a large shared piston. Where the Rough Cut 2x4 succeeds the Barrel Break in being better at firing darts in pairs, the Sledgefire takes the Barrel Break's breachloading and improves the size of the volley, making it more like the Hornet AS-6. Like any scatter-shot, the Sledgefire is much more accurate at closer range, but will fire a respectable distance. The impact is significant and indisputable.
Reloading and firing
To reload the Sledgefire, break open the barrel, load a shell into the blaster, and close the barrel.
To fire, pull the trigger.
The Sledgefire can fire Elite Darts as well as the Zombie Strike darts. No other darts work in this blaster, as Tagger Micro Darts, Whistler Darts, and Micro Darts will jam in the shell and will not be fired. Streamline Darts merely fall out when the trigger is pulled.
- Effectively it can be thought of as a successor to the Barrel Break IX-2.
- The stock can be removed if the blaster is taken apart. Without the stock, the blaster is roughly the same size as the Barrel Break IX-2.
- Unlike the Barrel Break IX-2, the Sledgefire must fire all three darts at once, as it does not have a multi-step trigger.
- The Sledgefire can technically have a capacity of four shells, with three in the stock and one loaded in the blaster. However, this can make reloading slightly difficult.
- Like the Z-bat, it has tally marks on the side. It has seven tally marks on the right side of the blaster.
|Zombie Strike blasters|
|2013||Hammershot • Sledgefire|
|2014||Crossfire Bow • Doublestrike • Fusefire • Ricochet • Ripshot|
Rough Cut 2x4 • Slingfire • Sidestrike
|2015||Doominator • FlipFury|