Not to be confused with the Slingfire DX400.
Unlike most blasters, the SlingFire's firing trigger is in the shape of a real blade trigger, likely because of the lever-action priming mechanism. Notably, it is the first Nerf blaster to be able to fully function with the jam door open. The shoulder stock can be removed by removing the screw in the center of the brown section of the stock that is above the trigger and sliding the stock straight back.
It advertises a firing range of up to seventy-five feet.
There is a value pack that includes an extra twenty-five dart drum and twenty-five darts. This value pack is exclusive to Kohl's in the United States and to Galeria Kaufhof department stores in Germany.
Reloading and firing
To reload the SlingFire, work the priming lever until it is in its forward-most position. Load the included clip with up to six Zombie Strike Darts and insert it into the blaster. Note that it may be necessary to hold back the clip release slide while inserting the clip. Work the priming lever back to its original position to load the first dart. The blaster is now ready to fire.
- Due to the lever action design, one can single-handedly operate this blaster.
- The lever-mechanism is similar to that of the Buzz Bee Rapid Fire Tek.
- Some photos of the blaster show it featuring a green jam door, when in reality it is orange. This is because the pre-production model was seen with a green jam door, a feature that changed in the final production model.
- There is a lever release button located on the left hand side of the blaster just below the reloading instructions. Pressing this will allow the lever to return to the regular position if the blaster is jammed or if the lever is stuck.
- On some models, the jam door may be loose and may open unintentionally. This can be fixed by wedging a small piece of paper behind the hinge of the door.
- The SlingFire was the second Nerf brand blaster to feature a lever-action mechanism for priming, the first being the Multishot Madness Diatron.
|The full image gallery for SlingFire may be viewed at SlingFire/Gallery.|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Basic Nerf (2014-01-13). New Zombiestrike Slingfire Photo, Product Description, Retail Price Found Here. BasicNerf.com
- ↑ Basic Nerf: Nerf Zombie Strike Slingfire & 25 Dart Drum Package Deal from Kohls. BasicNerf.com
- ↑ IAmBobololo: Review: Nerf Zombiestrike Slingfire Unboxing (It's disappointing!). YouTube.com