|Ammunition type||Dart (Micro Dart)|
|Size||3.1" x 0.5" (8 cm x 1.3 cm|
Both the Whistler Dart and the Sonic Micro Dart are based off of the Micro Dart. The ammo's signature whistle is created by a small opening at the top. This opening, however, can make the dart inaccurate compared to other darts. If the dart opening faces upwards when shot, it can improve distance due to an updraft keeping the dart from bending down.
Differences between the Sonic Micro Dart and the Whistler Dart include a different color scheme, a stronger dart head and a firmer foam body for the Whistler Dart. Despite this, the Sonic Micro Dart is still available in stores, and is also more accurate.
The Sonic Micro Dart was the first of the two dart types and was made popular with the release of the Vulcan EBF-25. However, in most countries, it was phased out by the Whistler Dart.
Sonic Micro DartEdit
The Sonic Micro Dart only has one color scheme: a black body with an orange head.
Whistler Darts have been released in many color schemes:
- Standard (orange with a black tip)
- Red (packaged with Clear Series blasters)
- White camo (packaged with the Ammo Bag Kit)
- Gear Up (orange/black with a black tip; packaged with Gear Up blasters)
- Whiteout (released for Whiteout Series; purchased separately)
- Green (packaged with the Sonic Series Barricade RV-10; could also be purchased separately)
- Blue (packaged with the Robo Power Optimus Prime Cyber Blaster)
- Dark orange with red, yellow, blue and green tips (packaged with the Clue Elimination game)
Sonic Micro DartEdit
Sonic Micro Dart refill packs come in the following sizes:
- 30 (comes with mesh bag and belt clip)
- Ammo Box (100)
Whistler Dart refill packs come in the following sizes:
- It is easier to hear the whistle indoors.
- The darts packaged with the Clue Elimination game have some notable differences. They have a ? logo on the tip in place of the Nerf logo, the hole in the tip is larger, making a higher pitched sound, and the foam is denser, much like an Elite Dart.
|Darts||Elite Dart • Glow-in-the-dark dart • Micro Dart • Sonic Micro Dart|
Streamline Dart • Tagger Micro Dart (Whistler) • Whistler Dart
|Other||Arrow • Ballistic Ball • Mega Missile • XLR disc|