|This product has been discontinued.
It cannot be purchased in retail stores. The only way to obtain it is through second-hand websites and stores.
Both the Whistler Dart and the Sonic Micro Dart are based off of the Micro Dart. The ammo's signature whistle is created by a small opening at the top. This opening, however, can make the dart inaccurate compared to other darts. If the dart opening faces upwards when shot, it can improve distance due to an updraft keeping the dart from bending down. It is easier to hear the whistle indoors.
Differences between the Sonic Micro Dart and the Whistler Dart include a different color scheme, a stronger dart head and a firmer foam body for the Whistler Dart. Despite this, the Sonic Micro Dart was still available in stores, and is also more accurate.
The Sonic Micro Dart was the successor to the Screamin' Micro Dart from the Airjet Power Plus series. It was the first of the two dart types, and was made popular with the release of the N-Strike Vulcan EBF-25. However, in most countries and over time, it was phased out and succeeded by the Whistler Dart.
Sonic Micro Dart
Sonic Micro Darts have been released in the following color schemes:
Whistler Darts have been released in the following color schemes:
- N-Strike (orange and black head)
- Clear Series Vulcan EBF-25 (red body and red head)
- Ammo Bag Kit (green body with black and white camo and black head)
- Gear Up (orange body with black deco and black head)
- Whiteout Series (white body and orange head)
- Sonic Series Barricade RV-10 (green body and black head)
- Robo Power Optimus Prime Cyber Blaster (blue body and blue head)
Whistler Dart refill packs come in the following sizes:
Sonic Micro Dart
Sonic Micro Dart refill packs come in the following sizes:
|30 (comes packaged with a mesh bag and a belt clip)||8.99 USD|
|100 (labeled as Whistler Dart, comes with an N-Strike patch)||19.99 USD|
- The darts packaged with the Clue Elimination blaster set have some notable differences. They have a "?" logo on the tip in place of the Nerf logo, the hole in the tip is larger, making a higher pitched sound, and the foam is denser, much like an Elite Dart.
- Some modders prefer to modify longer range Nerf blasters to use these darts because they have the potential to reveal an enemy's location if they are perched, due to the whistling tip.
|Discontinued Nerf ammunition types|
|Darts||Launcher Dart • Mega Dart • Pen Blaster dart • Screamin' Mega Dart • Screamin' Micro Dart • Sharpshooter Dart • Smart Dart • Sonic Jet • Streamline Dart • SuperMAXX Dart • Tagger Micro Dart (Tagger Micro Whistler Dart) • Whistler Dart|
|Other||Arrow • Aero Glider • Ballistic Ball • Bungee Ball • Buzzer Missile • Disc • Foam Disk • Gear Tooth Arrow • Gyro Missile • Hydro Torpedo • Missile • Nerf rocket • Zap Snaps rocket|