It comes packaged with three Micro Darts.
The Tek 3 is the smallest in the Tek line of blasters, and the second smallest in the Air Blasters line, behind only the Derringer. This blaster was released as a competitor to the Nerf Secret Strike AS-1, being a similar size and having a similar function. As a pocket blaster, it has been released in many different blaster sets, including a double pack, a triple pack, and a quadruple pack.
The blaster itself has a very tiny handle and firing trigger, suitable only for small hands. The cocking mechanism on the blaster mirrors that of a Nite Finder EX-3 or an Element EX-6, although the cocking handle flips up and down. It also features an area on the cocking handle to attach the blaster to a keychain, although this frequently pops out of place when cocking the blaster, causing difficulties when priming. This problem can easily be solved by pushing it back into place.
The Tek 3 has become rather notorious in the Nerf online community due to its mediocre performance, once compared to a Nerf Maverick with holes drilled in the barrels, caused by the tiny plunger and substantial holes between the barrels. Sometimes this results in darts, such as Tagger Micro Darts, being completely unable to leave the blaster at all.
An additional two color schemes were discovered in January of 2014.
This blaster is sold under the Ruff Stuff Air Blasters line in Finland.
The Tek 3 has been released with the following color schemes:
- Green and yellow (design one)
- Blue and red (design one)
- Yellow and red (design one, Air Zone)
- Gray and red (design one, Air Zone)
- White and red (design one, Air Zone)
- Blue and green (design one, 2014)
- Green and blue (design one, 2014)
- Black and green (design one, 2014)
- Green and black (design one, 2014)
- Yellow and blue (design two)
- Blue and yellow (design two)
- Red and black (design two, Air Zone)
- Gray and red (design two, Air Zone)
- White and red (design two, Air Zone)
- Black and green (design two, 2014)
- Green and black (design two, 2014)
Reloading and firing
To reload the Tek 3, simply insert three darts into the front barrels of the blaster. The darts cannot fit all the way into the blaster and will protrude out somewhat.
Pull the trigger to fire a dart. To fire another dart, turn the barrel either clockwise or counterclockwise towards the next loaded dart.
- The Tek 3 features parts of the shell in the handle and on the center of one design of the blaster that are artificial, and can be knocked out from the inside of the blaster.
- Due to its small size, it is possible to be dual-wielded.
|The full image gallery for Tek 3 may be viewed at Tek 3/Gallery.|
|Air Blasters blasters|
|Air Tek 8 • Automatic Tommy 20 • Auto Tek 20 • Ball Blastzooka • Belt Blaster • Berserker • Big Blast • Blow Dart Shooter • Clip Blaster 10 • Clip Tek • Cougar • Derringer • Disk Shooter • Double Shot • Hunter • Jaguar • Mech Tommy 20 • Mega Missile • Pirate Flintlock • RADS 12 • Rapid Fire Tek • Rogue • Single Tek • Surge 6 • Surge 10 • Tek 3 • Tek 4 • Tek 6 • Tek 10 • Tetra Strike • Thunderbolt • Thunderstrike • Tommy 12 • Torrent • Turbo 12|
|Air Warriors blasters|
|2010||Air Tek 8 • Hawk • Hunter|
|2011||Automatic 20 • Belt Blaster • Berserker • Blow Blaster • Double Shot • Maniac • Mech 12 • RADS 12 • Surge 6 • Surge 10 • Tek 3 • Tek 4 • Tek 6 • Tek 10 • Torrent • Turbo 12|
|2012||Cougar • Jaguar • Overlord • Rapid Fire Tek • Rogue|
|2013||Auto Tek 20 • Side Winder • Tek 5|
|2015||GunSmoke • GunSmoke Pistol • Power Bow • Predator • Sonic 6 • Vampire Hunter|