For the 2014 Buzz Bee Tek 4, see Rogue.
It comes packaged with eight Micro Darts.
The Tek 4 is a midsize blaster in the Tek line, although it is of a similar size to the Tek 5 and Tek 6. This blaster uses a similar firing mechanism as the Surge 6 and Tek 3, which the Tek 5 and Tek 6 lack. Unlike any other blaster in the Tek line, this blaster only comes in a twin pack, and has never been released on its own. Even as an Air Zone release, it came in a twin pack. The reasons for this are unknown.
The blaster itself is rather long, which is due to the blaster's plunger system. The cocking mechanism on the blaster, although mirroring that of a Nerf Nite Finder EX-3 or an Element EX-6, retracts once cocked. It is also only attached by a piece of thin metal. Due to this, the cocking mechanism can be twisted 180 degrees without any problems.
This blaster was re-released under the Air Blasters line in 2008 with a minor color swap on the cocking mechanism of the blaster. Performance was left unchanged.
It was carried over to the Air Zone brand with no changes to name or performance.
The Tek 4 has been released with the following color schemes:
- Green and yellow (green cocking mechanism)
- Yellow and green (yellow cocking mechanism)
- Green and yellow (silver cocking mechanism)
- Yellow and green (silver cocking mechanism)
- Red and yellow (Air Zone)
- Yellow and red (Air Zone)
Reloading and firing
To reload the Tek 4, simply insert four darts into the front barrels of the blaster. The darts cannot fit all the way into the blaster and will protrude out somewhat.
Pull the trigger to fire a dart. To fire another dart, turn the barrel either clockwise or counterclockwise towards the next loaded dart.
- The Tek 4 features a hole in the center of its handle. This is possibly to be able to attach some sort of clip or belt hoop to the blaster.
- The barrels on the blaster feature slits on the side of each, which limits the performance of the blaster. On the inside of the blaster, the plunger tube has a hole in it as well, also limiting potential performance from the blaster.
|Air Blasters blasters|
|Air Tek 8 • Automatic Tommy 20 • Auto Tek 20 • Ball Blastzooka • Belt Blaster • Berserker • Big Blast • Blow Dart Shooter • Clip Blaster 10 • Clip Tek • Cougar • Derringer • Disk Shooter • Double Shot • Hunter • Jaguar • Mech Tommy 20 • Mega Missile • Pirate Flintlock • RADS 12 • Rapid Fire Tek • Rogue • Single Tek • Surge 6 • Surge 10 • Tek 3 • Tek 4 • Tek 6 • Tek 10 • Tetra Strike • Thunderbolt • Thunderstrike • Tommy 12 • Torrent • Turbo 12|
|Air Warriors blasters|
|2010||Air Tek 8 • Hawk • Hunter|
|2011||Automatic 20 • Belt Blaster • Berserker • Blow Blaster • Double Shot • Maniac • Mech 12 • RADS 12 • Surge 6 • Surge 10 • Tek 3 • Tek 4 • Tek 6 • Tek 10 • Torrent • Turbo 12|
|2012||Cougar • Jaguar • Overlord • Rapid Fire Tek • Rogue|
|2013||Auto Tek 20 • Side Winder • Tek 5|
|2015||GunSmoke • GunSmoke Pistol • Power Bow • Predator • Sonic 6 • Vampire Hunter|