FANDOM


  • Pedroh1999
    Pedroh1999 closed this thread because:
    Old thread
    20:34, August 28, 2015

    I picked one up yesterday and I'm really enjoying it, but I have a few questions.

    One: Is it normal for the flywheels to sound a little out of tune and high-pitched, like one might be moving at a different speed than the other?  It sounded like a normal-ish high pitched Barricade when I first turned it on, and then it changed somewhat after a jam.

    Two: Any word on where to get more of the awesome 10-dart clips for it?  I'm really enjoying the one that came with it, and I was hoping we had an official way to buy spares.

    Three: Any tips on how I might go about cutting off the rocket launcher and making it into a tactical rail mod, and potentially adding a tactical rail where the launcher was?  I really enjoy it as-is, but being able to use it as a raw combat rifle thing would be neat too.

      Loading editor
    • 1)Mmph... It depends. Are you using good batteries? You should check this. Sometimes it can all be fixed by changing batteries. Does it decrease ranges or something?

      2)I am not sure, but I believe you can get them directly with Hasbro- in the same site you can buy Sledgefire shells. I just forgot the name... I need to search before telling you.

      3)Do not do that. It is possible, but very few people tried. I would wait for the Thunderblast.

        Loading editor
    • 1) I just put in the batteries last night, which were fully charged rechargables.  The range has been fine, it's just making the odd noise.

      2) I didn't see any sign of the clips the last time I was on the Hasbro site, but I'll check again in a moment.

      EDIT: Checked hasbro website, saw nothing about being able to buy the banana clip separately.  Oh well, looks like I need to find a place to get 3d printed ones or something.

      3) The Thunderblast is already out on Amazon, but it's incredibly expensive and I'd rather not have a whole blaster devoted just to rockets.  Being able to use the rockets on any blaster is why I was asking, and because having a raw Demolisher would be neat too.  I suppose I should just wait and see if anyone makes a nice tutorial on how to best do that.

        Loading editor
    • CliffracerX wrote: 1) I just put in the batteries last night, which were fully charged rechargables.  The range has been fine, it's just making the odd noise.

      2) I didn't see any sign of the clips the last time I was on the Hasbro site, but I'll check again in a moment.

      3) The Thunderblast is already out on Amazon, but it's incredibly expensive and I'd rather not have a whole blaster devoted just to rockets.  Being able to use the rockets on any blaster is why I was asking, and because having a raw Demolisher would be neat too.  I suppose I should just wait and see if anyone makes a nice tutorial on how to best do that.

      Mmph...

      1)I have a rule when fixing blasters called "if it works, do not touch it". You could try to open your blasters and take a look at the flywheels, but I would keep it untouched.

      2)Want me to e-mail them? I am not sure too...

      3) I know, I understood what you said. You can find people who did it in Reddit. If you really want, ask there. They might help you more than I. Or you can wait- people already did it, but no one created a tutorial. If you want to do it securely, the best you can do is wait.

        Loading editor
    • Pedroh1999 wrote:

      CliffracerX wrote: 1) I just put in the batteries last night, which were fully charged rechargables.  The range has been fine, it's just making the odd noise.

      2) I didn't see any sign of the clips the last time I was on the Hasbro site, but I'll check again in a moment.

      3) The Thunderblast is already out on Amazon, but it's incredibly expensive and I'd rather not have a whole blaster devoted just to rockets.  Being able to use the rockets on any blaster is why I was asking, and because having a raw Demolisher would be neat too.  I suppose I should just wait and see if anyone makes a nice tutorial on how to best do that.

      Mmph...

      1)I have a rule when fixing blasters called "if it works, do not touch it". You could try to open your blasters and take a look at the flywheels, but I would keep it untouched.

      2)Want me to e-mail them? I am not sure too...

      3) I know, I understood what you said. You can find people who did it in Reddit. If you really want, ask there. They might help you more than I. Or you can wait- people already did it, but no one created a tutorial. If you want to do it securely, the best you can do is wait.

      1) That's my rule of thumb as well, I have never messed with the internals of my blasters before, although I might be opening up my ancient clear Maverick to see why the range has gotten so crappy and some darts just won't fire from it anymore.

      2) If you think that would work, that would be fantastic.  I suspect I'm not the only one who loves the mil-sim looking banana clips, so if they could start selling those on Amazon or at stores like Wal-mart or Toys R Us that would be absolutely fantastic.

      3) I'll probably wait then, see if someone finally releases a good tutorial on how to separate the rocket launcher into a proper tacrail mod, and making the space where it was into a tacrail.

        Loading editor
    • http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/products/brand/nerf

      This is the site. I found nothing about the banana clip, so I will contact them.

      Anyway, if you need, they sell blasters even cheaper than normal. They also have 18 clips and missiles refills. Take a look.

        Loading editor
    • That looks to be a different version of the Hasbro shop than I saw, thanks!  Looks like a lot of the things I've been meaning to grab are a good deal cheaper there, such as the Big Bad Bow arrows, 18-dart clips, ETC.  Thanks!

      In the meantime, good luck with the emailing of Hasbro!

        Loading editor
    • CliffracerX wrote: That looks to be a different version of the Hasbro shop than I saw, thanks!  Looks like a lot of the things I've been meaning to grab are a good deal cheaper there, such as the Big Bad Bow arrows, 18-dart clips, ETC.  Thanks!

      In the meantime, good luck with the emailing of Hasbro!

      Already messaged them. Just wait from now.

        Loading editor
    • ...bad news. I contacted them and they said they don't sell for the final customer. So, I believe you will need to wait more for a commercial packaging.

      Sorry, bro. At least you can buy 18 clips in the site I showed you.

        Loading editor
    • Ah well, at least it was worth a try.

      In the meantime, I did find some places that sell 3d-printed 15-dart banana clips that would be an acceptable substitute, in addition to just being able to buy a load of the 18-dart clips.

        Loading editor
    • Hey, this is nice! Thanks, Nerfgunattachments!

        Loading editor
    • Yup. eBay also carries some of the original Demolisher 10 round clips.... If you really wanted those for the aesthetic properties.

        Loading editor
    • I'm aware of eBay, I might just pick up some of the original clips from there when and if I get my Tek Recon hammerheads there.

        Loading editor
    • If you are looking for banana clips, blasterparts.de are your best bet. Smooth, reliable and the shipping is convenient. Also, 5 more darts! Yay!

        Loading editor
    • Coop did a video on a minimized demolisher a while back, check it out https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL146AD4396D97CA81&v=YIV6EsGHcjI

        Loading editor
    • Callum.McDonald wrote:
      If you are looking for banana clips, blasterparts.de are your best bet. Smooth, reliable and the shipping is convenient. Also, 5 more darts! Yay!

      Shipping is going to be crazy expensive though.

        Loading editor
    • Luckily for you (and me) US based company ContainmentCrew has started to sell BlasterParts and SlyDev parts in their US store... Cheap shipping! Rejoice!

      http://www.containmentcrew.com/product-category/bp_tac/

        Loading editor
    • UPDATE: (Sorry for the double post)

      CliffracerX, dude, they've answered your prayers. Amazon is now selling the Modulus/Demolisher 10-Dart Banana Clip individually and separately from all other attachments/accessories. Success! They're also selling every other Upgrade attachment separetely as well. Such wow!

      Check out my article for the full scoop: nerf-modulus-motorized-blaster/

        Loading editor
    • That is great news!  I really like my Demolisher's clip, so I might need to pick up a few extras now that they're available separately.

        Loading editor
    • Heh, nice! I believe they will be gone soon, so be fast!

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, I'm pretty sure they'll go out of stock shortly given people will see they're the Modulus clips, meaning "OOO MODULUS *buys*" while perusing Amazon.

      In other news, I noticed last night that my Jolt (clear green one) is a grey-trigger one.  I also saw that all the photos for the clear green jolt on Amazon use a grey trigger as well.  Huh.

        Loading editor
    • Mine too... I have a blue one. But as I live in Brazil, I thought it was normal. Where do you live?

        Loading editor
    • In the US, which is why I thought it was odd.  I bought it via Amazon, and it wasn't from a reseller.

        Loading editor
    • It doesn't make any difference. Trust me.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, still just as powerful as my Doublestrike it would seem.

        Loading editor
    • Answer to question three: Use a band-saw to cut off the missile launcher and to cut the bottom of the recon/retaliator  barrel (that will be your tactical rail). If you don't have a band-saw, you could use something else.

      Use hot glue to glue the tactical rail on the part where the launcher used to be. Then seal the crack with epoxy.

      You're done. I suggest you paint it now, unless you want the gray epoxy putty to be there.

        Loading editor
    • CliffracerX wrote:
      Yeah, I'm pretty sure they'll go out of stock shortly given people will see they're the Modulus clips, meaning "OOO MODULUS *buys*" while perusing Amazon.

      In other news, I noticed last night that my Jolt (clear green one) is a grey-trigger one.  I also saw that all the photos for the clear green jolt on Amazon use a grey trigger as well.  

      I have a clear orange jolt, and it has a gray trigger too.

        Loading editor
    • FLATtheFISH wrote:
      Answer to question three: Use a band-saw to cut off the missile launcher and to cut the bottom of the recon/retaliator  barrel (that will be your tactical rail). If you don't have a band-saw, you could use something else.

      Use hot glue to glue the tactical rail on the part where the launcher used to be. Then seal the crack with epoxy.

      You're done. I suggest you paint it now, unless you want the gray epoxy putty to be there.

      When and if I make the launcher into a proper rail mod, I'll be giving the blaster and the launcher a paintjob inspired by weapons from the Dahl corporation in Borderlands.

        Loading editor
    • 1) Maybe something is wrong with the blaster. But if it doesn't screw up your performance, ignore it, it's probably nothing. 2) You really don't need to go official to obtain a banana clip. Just get one on ebay.

      http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Nerf-BANANA-CLIP-10-dart-magazine-ammo-drum-refill-Demolisher-modulus-gun-/231371883456

      If you want to get a banana clip just for cosmetics, I suggest you get an unofficial 15 dart banana clip, becuase it's just better.

      EDIT 3) Sorry, I didn't pay close enough attention to the question, I thought you were going to replace the missile launcher. It's doable, but hard, so don't do it (unless you want to).

      The easiest and most crude way is to take apart a rail attachment, take the thing that attaches to the rail, and glue it on to the launcher. It may fall off though.

        Loading editor
    • I have a solution for the mag, there is this Chinese ripoff company that sells 15 dart clear banana mags, I have one and they work perfectly in battle, you should check them out the company name is worker

        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message