|This product has been discontinued, but may still be in limited stock in retail stores.
The blaster is able to hold up to three darts at a time in its three triangularly placed barrels; what is unique about this blaster is that it "knows" which barrel is loaded and ready to fire. The blaster does not feature a tactical rail due to its small size. A small set of iron sights is located on top of the blaster.
The Triad features an intelligent air restrictor system like the Rough Cut 2x4 and the Crossfire Bow. The blaster fires a single dart by closing off the hole to the next chamber when a dart is inserted. This way, only the first chamber with a dart in it gets air flowing through it. When all three barrels are loaded, the blaster will fire clockwise starting from the bottom barrel.
Though this blaster was originally thought to be a successor to the Jolt EX-1, the Triad is almost twice as big. The Triad also surpasses the Jolt with its higher power, better air seal, higher capacity, and intelligent air restrictor system.
It was re-released with Elite XD internals with a white, grey, and black color scheme; this re-release was shown off at the 2014 New York Toy Fair.
The Triad has been released with the following color schemes:
There is a special value pack of the Triad, which includes four blasters and twelve Elite Darts.
There is also a two-pack that consists of two blasters and fifteen darts. This version is mostly available in the Netherlands, but also at Intertoys stores (originally a Dutch chain) and later at Rewe supermarkets in Germany.
Reloading and firing
To reload the Triad EX-3, load up to three darts into the three barrels from the front, and pull the bottom handle down to prime the blaster.
Pull the trigger to fire a dart.
- Sometimes loaded darts will pop up when other darts are loaded in.
- Sometimes, due to user error, the third dart may fall out of the Triad when the second is fired.
- In music terminology, a triad is a three-note chord.
- ↑ Americanas: Lança Dardo Nerf Elite Triad - Hasbro. Americanas.com.br
- ↑ RandomShadow09 (2012-11-18). Nerf N-Strike Elite Triad EX-3 - Range Test (Stock) - YouTube. YouTube.com.
- ↑ P13c30fch33s3 (2013-06-28). Nerf Elite Triad EX-3 Review (20m grey trigger Aus version). CplNerf.blogspot.ca
- ↑ Amazon.com. Amazon.com: Nerf N-Strike Elite: Triad EX-3 Blaster: Toys & Games.
- REDIRECT Template:NStrikeEliteblasters