|This product has been discontinued.
It cannot be purchased in retail stores. The only way to obtain it is through second-hand websites and stores.
It comes packaged with five XLR Discs and instructions.
The Vigilon features a single tactical rail on top of the blaster. It has two release levers on either side the side of the blaster that open the loading mechanism, which is designed to hold up to five XLR Discs at a time. It also has a set of iron sights on the end of the blaster, as well as a clip point on the handle for a strap, bandolier, or another carrying device.
The Vigilon has been released with the following color schemes:
- Vortex (green, black, gray, and orange)
- Sonic Series (clear green and orange)
- Vortex re-release (white, dark red, black, gray, and orange)
- Vortex VTX (blue, green, gray, black, and orange)
Due to the complex internals of the Vigilon, there are only a few modifications that can be done. It is possible to set the torsion spring to a tighter position or to replace it with a newer, more powerful spring. Another modification that is done somewhat commonly is removing safety features within the blaster. Though not a performance enhancing modification, the ring at the bottom of the handle is a removable, redundant piece.
The Vigilon has so far been released in two value packs: a "Double Your Discs" value pack, which included ten XLR discs, and a twin-pack that included the Praxis.
Reloading and firing
To reload the Vigilon, pull down one of the release levers to open the integrated magazine. The user then loads up to five discs into the blaster. The magazine door must then be pushed upwards and the priming slide must be pulled back.
Pull the trigger to fire a disc.
- The name Vigilon could be derived from the Latin verb "vigilare" and its first person conjugation, "vigilo", which means "I watch".
- Some Nerfers consider the Vigilon as an upgraded Maverick due to its upgraded range.
- A sixth disc can be loaded into the blaster by simply pushing down the feeding mechanism until it clicks.
- By priming the blaster and then doing this, the blaster can have a total capacity of seven discs.
- It is possible for the Vigilon to fire two discs at once. This is achieved by pulling the disc release mechanism on the right hand side of the barrel with a disc loaded, then priming the blaster again whilst keeping the original disc from falling out. While this can grant the element of surprise when handled correctly, the drop in range and accuracy combined with the slower three-step preparation mean that it is only viable as a short-range tactic that can be readied from cover.
|The full image gallery for Vigilon may be viewed at Vigilon/Gallery.|
- ↑ SG Nerf: Singapore Nerf Stock List. SGNerf.blogspot.ca
- ↑ Nerf Vortex Vigilon - Review!. SGNerf.blogspot.ca
|2011||Nitron • Praxis • Proton • Vigilon|
|2012||Lumitron • Pyragon|