|Years active||2011 - present|
It advertises as having "never-before-seen XLR-disc technology", giving these blasters "progressive styles, enhanced performance, and unparalleled Nerf power".
Overall, these blasters have a huge sixty foot stock range compared to N-Strike's advertised thirty-five foot stock range. However, the extreme range is countered by the discs' decreased flight speed after fifteen to twenty feet, making them much easier to evade. In addition, the entire line of blasters makes the assumption that the blaster is completely and steadily upright otherwise the discs curve left or right and have much less range.
|Centerfire Tech electronic scope||2011|
|Vortex Tech Kit||2011|
|Ammo Belt Kit||2012|
|Firefly Tech Kit||2013|
- Some stores accidentally released Vortex blasters before the supposed 9/10/11 release date. Nerf, instead of trying to cover up the leak, embraced it. After the leak, the release date idea was almost completely dropped from advertisements.
- It is believed that the line, with green and orange color scheme and "cyber camo", is intended to be an alien technology-looking blaster, in contrast with N-Strike's modern weapon look.
- The blasters are drastically thicker than N-Strike blasters due to the nature of disc launching. This makes them less effective for stealth and bulky for casually carrying the smaller ones.
- Despite the Nitron being the "flagship" of the Vortex line, many prefer the Praxis over it.
- They were first released in Australia.
- The Pyragon seems to be the most powerful blaster in the line. This is because it has a stronger torsion spring. The discs fired from this blaster travel faster and further.
- Vortex on the Nerf website
|Current Nerf series|
|Official||Combat Creatures (upcoming) • Dart Tag • Nerf Sports • N-Strike|
N-Strike Elite • Rebelle • Vortex • Zombie Strike
|Sub-series||Sonic ICE • Sonic Series • Firevision Sports • Multishot Madness |
N-Strike Elite Mega • Secrets and Spies (upcoming)
|Other||Cross-promotional product • Nerf Dog • TekStrike (upcoming)|