|Also known as: Sonic Micro Dart|
|Ammunition type||Dart (Micro Dart)|
|Size||3.1" x 0.5" (8 cm x 1.3 cm|
Both the Whistler Dart and the Sonic Micro Dart are based off of the Micro Dart. The ammo's signature whistle is created by a small opening at the top. This opening, however, can make the dart inaccurate compared to other darts. If the dart opening faces upwards when shot, it can improve distance due to an updraft keeping the dart from bending down. It is easier to hear the whistle indoors.
Differences between the Sonic Micro Dart and the Whistler Dart include a different color scheme, a stronger dart head and a firmer foam body for the Whistler Dart. Despite this, the Sonic Micro Dart is still available in stores, and is also more accurate.
The Sonic Micro Dart was the first of the two dart types and was made popular with the release of the Vulcan EBF-25. However, in most countries, it was phased out by the Whistler Dart.
Sonic Micro Dart
• Black body with an orange head
• Red body with a black head (Similar to the Screamin' Micro Dart)
Whistler Darts have been released in many color schemes:
- Standard (orange with a black tip)
- Red (packaged with Clear Series blasters)
- White camo (packaged with the Ammo Bag Kit)
- Gear Up (orange/black with a black tip; packaged with Gear Up blasters)
- Whiteout (released for Whiteout Series; may be purchased separately)
- Green (packaged with the Sonic Series Barricade RV-10; could also be purchased separately)
- Blue (packaged with the Robo Power Optimus Prime Cyber Blaster)
- Dark orange with red, yellow, blue and green tips (packaged with the Clue Elimination game)
Sonic Micro Dart
Sonic Micro Dart refill packs come in the following sizes:
|30 (comes with mesh bag and belt clip)||8.99 USD|
|100 (Ammo Box)||29.99 USD|
|100 (labeled as Whistler Dart, comes with N-Strike patch)||19.99 USD|
Whistler Dart refill packs come in the following sizes:
|50 (Ammo Bag Kit)||19.99 USD|
- The darts packaged with the Clue Elimination game have some notable differences. They have a "?" logo on the tip in place of the Nerf logo, the hole in the tip is larger, making a higher pitched sound, and the foam is denser, much like an Elite Dart.
- Some modders prefer to modify longer range Nerf blasters to use these darts because they have the downside of revealing an enemy's shooting position if they are perched or "camping."
- Sometimes, shooting a Whistler Dart with a Jolt EX-1 will make the dart whistle in short distances.
|Nerf ammunition types|
|Darts||Collectible Dart • DoomLands Dart • Elite Dart • Glow-in-the-dark dart • Mega Dart • Micro Dart • Secret Message Dart • Sonic Micro Dart • Suction Dart (Rebelle) • Whistler Dart • Zombie Strike dart|
|Other||Arrow • Ballistic Ball • Foam round • Mega Missile • Missile • XLR disc|